Recipes & ideas for 6 QT Nesco Roaster Oven | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipes & ideas for 6 QT Nesco Roaster Oven

Last post Oct 29, 2006 2:39 PM by plumcrazy__Alta . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Recipes & ideas for 6 QT Nesco Roaster Oven
    My friend found one of these @ a sale she went to for only a couple of $. I am so happy & excited & I would like some recipes & ideas on what you make in yours. I went to the Nesco site & have ordered a book & I saw some recipes but just know you must have some to share.
    I've already washed it & plugged it in & it works.
    Now I can take this off my wants list. I'm still hoping for an electric Pressure cooker & maybe a rotissiere for xmas.
    TIA,
    Marie
    False
  • RE: Recipes & ideas for 6 QT Nesco Roaster Oven
    pork roast
    beef roast
    vegetable soup
    turkey breast
    great for keeping items warm at a potluck
    False
    Thank you for the information.Do you just cook in this like you would put a casserole in the oven?
    Thanks,
    Marie
    False
    You may be able to download a manual from the website. I have the one with the browning lid and have enjoyed it so much more since getting that. I have only used mine to roast meats/poultry in. Makes an awesome pork roast - using the browning lid. You can purchase those separately from the web site - as that is what I did.

Tria
    False
    Tria
    Thank you Tria. I left a message on the site for a manual.
    I'm going back & look for the lid you suggest. I didn't see one.
    Marie
    False
    Marie this will bring up several pages of threads on the Nesco Roaster Oven.

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bbssearch.asp?contents=Nesco+Roaster+&subject=on&reply=on&searchtype=basic&x=11&y=9

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

It's also referred to "Air" type. I will see if I can find it for you as it is not expensive and it will add to the use of your roaster.

Tria
    False

I didn't see the one for the 6 qt. listed. Hope they haven't discontinued it. They probably want to sell you the entire unit. Pooh

The features of the lid are listed below (for 18qt.) and here is the web site. Maybe you can contact them. They are very good about replying.
    http://www.nesco.com/products/?category=700&subcat=600&id=74

Tria

Features and Benefits
    • Unsurpased versatility: Air-roast, air-bake, and air-broil.
    • Combines the proven NESCO® "Circle of Heat™" technology with convection flow of air. Result: enhaced bowning and flavor.
    • Results in reduced cooking times on many favorite foods.
    • Kit includes a new lid, the fan/motor assembly, and a new Roast-Air® cookbook.
    • Fits Roaster models 4208 & 4808 only
    False
    The Barefoot Contessa's roast chicken turns out beautifully in the roaster (only tried it with the browning lid).
    Tria
    False
    I use it for almost anything I could cook like a casserole or roast. Stew, chicken, everything. When I make a roast I put it in with a little water and some dry onion soup mix, salt and pepper it and cook til it is done. Then you can make gravy or add mushroom soup, always tender and tastes so good.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    Makes good baked potatoes too.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose