Maraschino Cherry Juice | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Maraschino Cherry Juice

Last post Aug 29, 2005 11:40 PM by KC10 . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Maraschino Cherry Juice
    Maraschino cherry juice has become a staple in our household! We used to buy it occasionally to put in lemon-lime soda (shirley temples). Now we put it in hot cocoa-my guy makes the best cherry-vanilla hot chocolate! And sometimes I use it in place of the water when I make brownies from a mix. Just thought I'd share! Anyone do anything different with it?

~Tina :-)
    False
  • RE: Maraschino Cherry Juice
    I add a little to a pina colada!
    False
    Can you buy just the juice? I have some in my fridge that I saved after I used the cherries. I thought about adding it to sugar cookie dough for a different twist. You've got lots of good ideas, thanks for posting them.
    False

Can you tell me how you make the Cherry Vanilla Hot Chocolate...sounds delicious?
    False
    MARASCHINO CHERRY LEMONADE

1 cup hot water
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    4 cups cold water
    1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
    6 ounces maraschino cherries. undrained

In a large pitcher, combine hot water and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add cold water, lemon juice and cherries with their juice; mix well. Serve over ice.

False
    We save the juice from the cherries, and we also buy it separately. It's not stocked in all grocery stores, however. Only one carries it in my area, and it's a smaller chain.

For the cherry vanilla cocoa: we make regular cocoa using a little less water, add some of the cherry juice (i've never measured it, maybe like 1/2 tsp?). For the vanilla part, we buy these little vanilla tablets in the coffee aisle. Just drop one in the cocoa mix beforehand. Sometimes the grocery store is out of them, so I've used flavored creamer before.

False
    Yum! Thanks, Ashleigh!
    False
    Thanks, Tina.........I wonder if you could use pure vanilla extract instead of the vanilla tablets. I am going to give your cherry vanilla cocoa a try.
    False
    I stir in some cherry juice into frosting before I frost my brownies. Also good in white frosting on sugar cookies for holidays.
    False
    I buy the cherry Juice by the name of 'Collins' it is in the format of a 25.4Fl.oz. bottle. 750mi.. I get it @ our local liquor store... or @ our local grocery in the liquor department. Has so many uses...... I only pay $3.29 for the bottle too! I am in Illinois, so I do not no where you are all from... hope this helps you tho.....Sand
    False
    P.S.
    The address for this is:
    COLLINS BROS., INC.
    EVANTSTON, IL. 60202
    HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.......SANDI
    False
    Bump
    False

Wattle Paradise

I use it when I make cookie icing with the confectionary sugar..add some to give it a pink color and a little cherry flavor...was very good for making those Valentine cookies!
    False
    Great Ideas, I use the juice and cheeries to flavor my ham. Thanks for the tips.
    Tina
    False

We love cherry juice here too! I thought I was the only one that saved and used it! Should have known that on this BB there are no lone wolves!! HEHEHE!
    I love to use it in fruit salad also in cream cheese anything and cottage cheese and fruit (ie. pineapple, pears, peaches) witha cherry on top for looks!
    The drinks and cakes sound great with it as well.......Thanks...
    YUUUUUUUM!!
    False