Butterscotch Pull-Aparts | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Butterscotch Pull-Aparts

Last post Feb 18, 2004 6:41 PM by CrackerJack38 . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Butterscotch Pull-Aparts
    Hey..I ran into this recipe from the TOH Cooking School's Recipe Collection and thought I should be nice and share it.

Butterscotch Pull-Aparts

24 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
    1/2 package (3.4 oz) cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix.
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup butter or margarine

Cut rolls in half & roll in dry pudding mix. Arrange in a 10 in. fluted tube pan lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, alternately with pecans. Sprinkle remaining pudding mix over the top. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar & butter; cook & stir for 2 min. or until syrupy. Pour syrup over rolls.

Cover with greased plastic wrap. Let rise until rolls fill pan. Uncover & bake at 350 degrees for 30 -35 minutes or until dark golden brown. Cover with foil the last 15 min. of baking to avoid overbrowning. Do not underbake. Immediately after baking, invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.

CrackerJack38

This is on page 23 of the Fall/2003 Taste of Home Recipe Collection book from the Cooking School.
    False
  • RE: Butterscotch Pull-Aparts
    Crackerjack I only wish I knew how to post pictures. I made this and it is very tasty. Everyone loved it but when I opened the oven door, there layed several of the rolls that had just popped off and it looked as if it was shedding!!LOL Well I did take some pictures that have given the family a few chuckles.
    But do try it. Its easy and very good. Put a foil or try under.LOL

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

another one to the "try" list.
    False
    GrandmaCookN,

Your story is hilarious. They have the "Crawlin" Cake on here....now you have invented the "poppin" bread. I am still laughing at that one. I sure wish I could see a picture of that one.

Thanks for the laugh,
    CrackerJack38
    False
    This recipe is fantastic. I have made it for years; in fact, when my daughter was in college and came home with friends, I would have them all made when they got up in the morning and now my daughter does the same thing when my grandchildren have their friends stay the night. I put mine in an angel food pan the night before frozen and they are all set to go in the oven in the morning. When I was working, I also made them and brought them to work all hot and yummy. Just made them this last weekend when I went ice fishing and what a hit they were up at the lake!! Hope you all enjoy them as much as I and my family and friends have.

False
    By the way, I have always used the whole package of butterscotch pudding and they are just soooo good!!
    False
    Thanks for the review ilene,

Yum...a whole box of butterscotch pudding. More is always better, right???? That's my theory anyway. Ha ha ha. I may just have to make these on Saturday morning. My daughter is 13 today and is having a sleepover Friday night. I am sure after being up all night with several giggling girls...I'll welcome an easy breakfast menu. I was wondering if this could be made ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator. I am glad to know you can. Do you put all the stuff together the night before or just your rolls? Thanks for posting. Bring your sleeping bag and come on over (just as long as you bring a pan of these).

Thanks,
    CrackerJack38
    False
    bump
    False
    Hi Crackerjack - -

Nota sure where you live but if I lived close enough, I would be more than happy to make up a pan and bring over. Wouldn't that be fun though? I make up the whole recipe and set it on my counter with a towel over it and it raises just great and usually all set to pop into the oven. Not sure how warm your kitchen is overnight but have never had any problem. I don't think they would raise enough if you put them in the refrigerator. When I make them the night before, it is usually around 10 PM or so and they seem to be just right. I am sure the 13 year olds will love them. My kids would gobble them up while they were hot and usually no leftovers. I recommended you under Cookin Seniors also so will be fun to see the replies. Have fun and enjoy!!

You will need to exercise after eating these!! LOL
    False
    Ha Ha Ha ilene, I don't even know what cooking seniors is, so you will have to clue me in. Yep, a big pan and meeting a new friend would be fun on this cold day.

CrackerJack38
    False
    Hi Crackerjack - - Yes, meeting a new friend would be great but I guess it will have to do right here. Cookin' for Seniors is another thread. I was asked for the recipe so I hope you don't mind my infringing on your posting. I referred them to your posting but I guess some of them couldn't find it so I posted my recipe which is almost identical to yours. I guess we can share, huh? It is such a good recipe I love to give it to all. Have a good day! I'm off the workout so will check back again later.

False
    Oh yes, Ilene, By all means share this recipe with them. I love sharing recipes. Share your version with me if you would. It is probably a good one. Don't ya hate it when you taste something very good and the person who made it won't pass out the recipe because it is top secret. I have no secret recipes. Some I would like to hide because they flopped, but they surely aren't secret. ha ha ha. Yes, thank heavens for meeting nice people like you on here. I love coming every day to see what others are making. Thanks.

Jacqueline
    False
    Hi again Crackerjack - - Just got back from working out and saw your message. I posted my recipe under Cookin' for Seniors which is a new thread everyday. Basically, I put my buns in whole and frozen and usually use an angel food tin as it holds more than the bundt pan I feel. I sprinkle 1 package of regular butterscotch pudding over the top. Bring to a boil 1/2 cup of butter or oleo and 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and pour over while hot. I let it stand out on my counter covered with a clean towel until morning. I also add whole pecans if I have them on hand. In the a.m. I bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes and I let stand 10 minutes and invert on a plate. I see you use 1/2 cup of brown sugar and I see no reason not to use that much. I may try that sometime. I really really do need the extra calories!! Yeah right - NOT!!
    False
    Thanks for the recipe. It's just like mine except for the amount of sugar. Who would have believed you could put the butter and sugar mixture over frozen rolls and leave it out overnight. Wow...what a great menu item for those hectic mornings as long as you prepare the night before....aren't all mornings hectic???? Thanks for posting.

CrackerJack38
    False