freeze frosted sugar cookies | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

freeze frosted sugar cookies

Last post Nov 07, 2006 11:06 AM by 121012 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • freeze frosted sugar cookies
    I am planning on making some rolled sugar cookies and am going to freeze them for a later use. Can they be frosted with a simple powdered sugar frosting before they are frozen or should I wait to frost them just before using?
    False
  • RE: freeze frosted sugar cookies
    I wait to frost mine. Sometimes the frosting gets gooey or sticky.
    False
    If you want to frost first be sure to lay them out on cookie sheets - frost and then pop them into the freezer still on the pan. After they are completely frozen solid, then bag or package up for freezing - but not before or the frosting will be mushed and they will stick.

The frosting you use plays a big part in it - one that uses a mixture of shortening and butter is usually pretty stable though.

When you thaw be sure they are not touching each other of course. They will get a little watery beads on the frosting as they thaw, but in the winter when the houses are fairly 'dry' this condensation evaporates if you just leave them alone and they should be perfectly fine at that point! :)
    False
    I have done this in the past with good results by placing the cookies in a single layer in an airtight plastic container (Tupperware, Rubbermaid, etc.)
    False
    Thank you for your help. Never thought about laying them on a cookie sheet and freezing them before putting in a container. Will give it a try.
    False