HELP~ANYONE KNOW IF PILLSBURY DISCONTINUED THE CORNBREAD TWISTS??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HELP~ANYONE KNOW IF PILLSBURY DISCONTINUED THE CORNBREAD TWISTS???

Last post Nov 23, 2011 11:26 AM by HiOnLife . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • HELP~ANYONE KNOW IF PILLSBURY DISCONTINUED THE CORNBREAD TWISTS???
    I wanted to make the following this weekend for SIL's 50th B-day party, which I pulled from a recent appetizer thread:

Little Corn Dogs
    Prep time 20
    Ready in 32 mins

Ingredients
    1 can (11-1/2 oz.) refrigerated cornbread twists
    1 pkg. (16 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Little Smokies
    1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
    1/2 cup TACO BELL HOME ORIGINALS Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

Preparation
    Unroll dough; separate cornbread twists into strips. Cut strips crosswise in half. Wrap each piece around center of 1 Little Smokie; pinch edges to seal. Place, seam-sides down, on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Heat remaining Little Smokies as directed on package.

Mix barbecue sauce and salsa; serve as a dipping sauce for Little Corn Dogs and remaining Little Smokies.

I did find the "Italian" bread twists, but I think the cornbread would be better (as I'm toying with the idea of a chili/cheese dip to go with them instead of the BBQ sauce dip). I did find the cornbread twists on the Pillsbury website, but the local grocery stores are telling me that they are discontinued?????

Any info would be appreciated.
    False

Charleezangel_OH "My Chocolate Lab Owns My Heart!"

• RE: HELP~ANYONE KNOW IF PILLSBURY DISCONTINUED THE CORNBREAD TWISTS???
    I love those cornbread twists but our store quit carrying them for whatever reason. I did finally find them at Walmart. It just depends on what the store orders. Mananger at my local store said it wasn't even an option on their list anymore.

Carol
    False

Click for Saline, Michigan Forecast

Thanks Carol. I'm sorry to hear that. I might give the local Wal-Mart a call and see if they have them (although I doubt it since they are not a "super" store). Thanks again.
    False

Charleezangel_OH "My Chocolate Lab Owns My Heart!"

tell the store manager at your favorite store and ask them to carry them again.
    False
    Amy
    I haven't been able to find them for a while, either.
    False
  • Re: HELP~ANYONE KNOW IF PILLSBURY DISCONTINUED THE CORNBREAD TWISTS???

I have been looking for the Cornbread Twists, also. In the meantime, I used low fat crescent rolls & rolled them in cornmeal before wrapping with them. It's not the same, but better than nothing!!!!

False

I forgot all about those twists! I used to buy them then took a break and forgot about them. Now I'll have to look!

False

Visit my blogs:

www.everythingforkids.wordpress.com

www.partiespartiesparties.wordpress.com

Stop signs are NOT a suggestion! 

Talk Like A Pirate Day countdown banner

Dear Math: I am not your therapist...solve your own problems!

Hi! I just talked to the Pillsbury Kitchen's about this: Here was their response:

You could try the garlic breadsticks and still roll them in cornmeal; it would obviously be a different flavor, but it is the closet product we have in count/form.

If you're not interested in garlic, then you could try the original breadsticks, you would have to manipulate a bit as those make 12 breadsticks vs. 8 for garlic or the corn breadsticks.

Let us know if you end up trying this at home.

Hope this helps or inspires! Sincerely, Cate (Pillsbury)

False

charleezangel_OH
    I wanted to make the following this weekend for SIL's 50th B-day party, which I pulled from a recent appetizer thread:

Little Corn Dogs
    Prep time 20
    Ready in 32 mins

Ingredients
    1 can (11-1/2 oz.) refrigerated cornbread twists
    1 pkg. (16 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Little Smokies
    1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
    1/2 cup TACO BELL HOME ORIGINALS Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

Preparation
    Unroll dough; separate cornbread twists into strips. Cut strips crosswise in half. Wrap each piece around center of 1 Little Smokie; pinch edges to seal. Place, seam-sides down, on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Heat remaining Little Smokies as directed on package.

Mix barbecue sauce and salsa; serve as a dipping sauce for Little Corn Dogs and remaining Little Smokies.

I did find the "Italian" bread twists, but I think the cornbread would be better (as I'm toying with the idea of a chili/cheese dip to go with them instead of the BBQ sauce dip). I did find the cornbread twists on the Pillsbury website, but the local grocery stores are telling me that they are discontinued?????

Any info would be appreciated.

False

e-mail me the answer to Cornbread twist

jb4060

False

I had forgotten all about them too but sure enjoyed them!  I'll have to check the stores in my area and see if they still carry them.

False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields