Price of ButterBall turkey? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Price of ButterBall turkey?

Last post Nov 19, 2006 2:50 PM by Rodo . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Price of ButterBall turkey?
    I live in a small town with only one grocery store. I can go a few miles further to the bigger stores but sometimes the cost of gas and time, it's better to buy the gallon of milk at the local place. I was there this morning and noticed that a regular size ButterBall turkey 8-10 size was over $20. I thought that was a little steep for a frozen turkey. I placed an order for a fully roasted 12-14 lb turkey to pick up Thursday morning for $22 from a local restaurant.
    False
  • RE: Price of ButterBall turkey?
    our grocery store has honeysuckle white turkeys for 48 cents / lb when you spend $25 I paid $5.56 for a almost 12 lb turkey
    False
    Whew - $20 does sound high -
    the lowest we've been able to buy a turkey (Butterball) in my area has been .35 per lb.
    You had to spend $10-$20
    but that was gonna happen anyway. :)
    False

Debi

I prefer the Honeysuckle White Turkeys. Just a matter of taste but I think the Butterball is just laden with extra fat pumped under the skin an it is over priced. You can do the same thing to a cheap turkey and have the same taste. Just lift the skin and put some butter there.
    False
    Safeway turkeys are $5.99 up to 16 lbs, $7.99 on anything over 16 pounds.
    False
    I love the Honeysuckle White Turkeys also and you should never use a Butterball if you are going to brine it - which I do.

That's a great price on a "cooked turkey"!!!

Tria
    False
    Wow, you guys are making me feel bad...I just paid about $16.00-something for a 14 lb turkey. I thought that was kind of high--now I know it was.
    False

Charleezangel_OH "My Chocolate Lab Owns My Heart!"

The restaurant let the employees buy lots of turkeys wholesale and they are cooking them overnight to be ready for Thursday morning. After the expense of the turkeys and use of the facility, the profit goes to the employees who participated.They will deliver it if needed. I thought that was a nice that the restaurant gives the employees a chance to earn extra money.
    False
    Wow, that seems real high. Our grocery store does a promotion that you earn points for each $25 you spend. When you hit 20 points, you get $20 off a turkey. They also put the turkeys on sale.

I got a 23lb turkey for $18, and they put $2 towards my "sides".

Jolene
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Here where I live the turkeys are --for a turkey under 20lbs is $7.00 and over is $12.00. Pretty good I think.(that is with a purchase of $25.00 or more) but I still think it is a good price.
    Bakerfreek
    False
    In our area, the supermarkets (Shop Rite, Foodtown, etc.)give you a free store-brand turkey (up to 21 lbs.) or 99 cents off/lb. for a fresh or brand turkey. You have to total $300 spent since October. I think that's when the promotion started.
    Rosemary
    False