bread pudding | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

bread pudding

Last post Nov 19, 2006 10:19 PM by dutchmom4MI . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • bread pudding
    does anyone have a recipe for bread pudding that uses a package of pudding mix??
    False
  • RE: bread pudding

Posted by: Charli687 Replies: 11 Posted on: 3/9/2006 11:32:03 AM
    #T647228

Gracious! This is every bit as good as the name suggests! I made it just as the recipe calls for and ate it plain. Mmmmmm good! DS added some whipped cream, chopped peanuts and chocolate sauce to his portion(s) and wants me to make it again soon! Enjoy!
    Charli

Chocolate Mud Slide Bread Pudding

1 loaf (1 pound) day old cinnamon raisin bread - cubed
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 box (3.5 oz.) chocolate instant pudding
    3 large eggs - beaten
    1/4 cup butter - melted
    1-1/2 cup skim milk
    1 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine bread cubes, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
    and chocolate pudding in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, butter and milk. Add to dry mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips. Pour into a greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings

Source: Hy-Vee

False

Posted by: mrslovetocook Replies: 12 Posted on: 11/30/2005 4:40:20 PM
    #T607534

I would like to thank Cooking4maxOH for sharing her recipe. I made it for Thanksgiving and everyone was asking for the recipe :0) they all requested that I bring it for Christmas also. So thanks a heap!!!!!! A real keeper

Dena's Bread Pudding

1 pound loaf white bread
    2 C. packed brown sugar
    Lots of Cinnamon 4 to 6 Tbsp.
    1 C. Raisins (optional)
    3 eggs
    1 Stick butter
    1 Qt. Milk
    1 C. butterscotch Ice cream topping
    1 large pkg. vanilla pudding(not instant)
    Break up bread in a deep 9X13 inch pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over top, then lots of cinnamon. Put milk and butter in microwave and heat for 3 minutes on High. Just so it is steaming hot. Get out and beat eggs and slowly pour beaten eggs into milk, whisking while you pour so the eggs won't cook. Pour this mixture over the bread evenly. I take a fork and poke down to the bottom all over, so milk mixture will get to the bottom of the pan. Don't stir. If mixture isn't thoroughly saturated, add a little more milk. Bake at 425 for 1 hour. Drizzle butterscotch topping over hot bread pudding, then top with the pudding made according to pkg. directions.
    Enjoy.

False

RE: ISO: bread pudding recipe using PUDDING MIX...
    Posted by: tango7 Posted on: 3/11/2006 4:59:58 AM
    #R7273663

Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
    1-2-3 Dessert

2 boxes (3 oz each) cook & serve vanilla pudding and pie filling
    1 qt (4 cups) whole milk
    4 chocolate croissants (about 4 oz each)
    Serves 12
    Active: 5 min/Total: About 1 hr

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Have a 3-qt shallow baking dish ready.

2. Whisk pudding mix and milk in a large bowl for 2 minutes, or until thoroughly blended.

3. Cut croissants in 1-in. pieces. Arrange in prepared baking dish. Pour pudding mixture over croissants, pushing pieces into the liquid.

4. Bake 50 minutes, or until bubbly around edges and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool about 10 minutes before serving. If desired, dust top with confectioners’ sugar.

Per serving: 289 cal, 6 g pro, 39 g car, 1 g fiber, 13 g fat (7 g sat fat), 37 mg chol, 429 mg sod

False

Here is a whole thread of Bread Pudding recipes.

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=487321&searchrep=5360026#search

False

I'm sorry. The thread above was for Pudding recipes, not Bread Pudding recipes.

False

RE: Ponderosa cake/Bread pudding
    Posted by: bebeblues Posted on: 2/25/2003 9:22:04 PM
    #R1202851
    Hi,

I don't know if this is the same recipe they use in Saginaw? I received this recipe in a newsletter awhile ago. Hope its what you are looking for :o)

Hometown Bread Pudding
    Old Country Buffet

8 slices white bread, cut up
    8 cinnamon rolls with glaze,
    cut up
    1/2 cup raisins
    Base Mix
    4 eggs
    2 cups milk
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup butter melted
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Bread Pudding Sauce
    3/4 parts prepared vanilla pudding
    1/4 part warm water
    1 dash vanilla

Beat eggs and milk, stir in sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla.

Take a 13x9 pan and spray with Pam. Place the cinnamon rolls in a layer on bottom of pan, add raisins, then layer the bread on top.

Next, add the base and press down until all the air bubbles have disappeared. If any raisins are on the surface, push under bread. Place in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes or until internal temperature is at 200 degrees.

Top with 12 ounces of sauce and enjoy!

Source: Former manager, via Internet food recipe board

False