ISO: Cracker Barrel Baked Potato Seasoning | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Cracker Barrel Baked Potato Seasoning

Last post May 18, 2013 7:35 PM by MrBaseball . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • ISO: Cracker Barrel Baked Potato Seasoning
    Does anyone have a really good seasoning for putting on the skin of potatoes and then baking them?
    Cracker Barrel has a really good seasoning that they use. They also sell it in a small jar. I just used the last of it and was thinking that someone might have the recipe for it.
    Thanks.
    False
  • RE: ISO: Cracker Barrel Baked Potato Seasoning
    Sorry that title should have said Cracker Barrel Baked Potato Seasoning Recipe.
    Mary
    False
    bump for help.
    False
    Good Question. Hope we find someone who has worked there that is willing to give it up:)

I have to think there's not a lot to it. Have you thought about just trying a seasoning salt for your clone?

Good luck.
    False
    I did try. I put salt, onion, garlic, parsley together. I don't have the right proportions as it doesn't taste the same. In fact, it doesn't taste good. Its too salty, too oniony, etc.
    The jar states that ingredients are:
    salt, onion, garlic, spices.
    I'm not having luck with anyone knowing this.
    False
    BUMP! I'd like to try know too. I LOVE my baked potatoes!

Karen
    False
     My heart is broken... One of Heaven's Newest Blessings  IN LOVING MEMORY OF PHOEBE ("HeeBee") 1-16-2010  IN LOVING MEMORY OF TOBY ("Handsome Man") 4-12-2008
    bump
    False
    You might try emailing top secret recipes. I think that Todd Wilber does read requests.
    False
    You have to be a paid subscriber willing to pay for the recipe.
    False
    i have a shaker of that I went and pulled it out and all it says on the ingredients is.............

Salt, spices, onion, garlic

that's it! Spices could be about anything! looks like a bit of parsley in it too!

What i would do is go to the spice asile and get a shaker of Natures Seasonings by Morton (i belive that who makes it!)

You can get it at Walmart for sure! very inexpensive for a good shaker size! and I think you would have it all fixed up!

Hope i helped a bit!

Danyel
    False

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow , you gotta put up with the rain. "*** Dolly Parton

Danyel, you know I looked at the shaker too and tried to duplicate the ingredients. I think you're right in that spices could be anything.
    Hadn't thought of Natures Seasoning.
    I'll try that. Thanks.
    False
  • Re: RE: ISO: Cracker Barrel Baked Potato Seasoning
    Cracker Barrel uses Jane’s Krazy Mixed-Up Salt on their baked potatoes (and their steaks, or at least they did when I worked there 12-13 years ago
    False
  • Re: ISO: Cracker Barrel Baked Potato Seasoning

Cracker Barrel has not been allowed to sell that seasoning for 3 or 4 years. The seasoning is made by Sauer's and is called 'Seasoned Garlic Salt.' I was able to find their number and call them. They told me where I could get it locally. The smallest jar I could purchase is 1lb. 9oz. Be ware there are very similar sounding spices but, the one above is the right one. Good luck. Jeannie

False
  • Re: ISO: Cracker Barrel Baked Potato Seasoning

Everyone that may have a bottle of this seasoning take a smell.  I believe the missing ingredient would replace just salt.  I'm sure the "Spices" ingredient... is....... Celery Salt!  Mix a blend of all dropping any extra salt, the salt in the celery salt is enough.  I blended the celery salt with onion powder and garlic powder, along with a very little bit of parsley flakes ground up tiny.  I am in the process of making some baked potato right now for dinner.  Also, on the potato, spread some vegetable shortening all around the potato - then sprinkle on seasoning.  425 degrees for an hour there about - I like to bake a little longer cause love eating the potato skins for sure.  :)

False