Heavy Whipping cream dessert recipes? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Heavy Whipping cream dessert recipes?

Last post Jun 07, 2007 7:42 PM by mamesmom . 41 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 123
  • Heavy Whipping cream dessert recipes?
    I have a big container of heavy whipping cream. Do you have any candy, cookie or dessert recipes to use it up? Thanks
    False
  • RE: Heavy Whipping cream dessert recipes?
    This came from someone on this board. I copied it back when I knew I could remember, never dreaming how many hundreds of recipes I would copy.

Sweet Corn and Bacon Bread Pudding
    Reiman conversations

1 tablespoon butter
    4 slices thick sliced bacon, chopped
    ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
    1½ cups corn kernels
    2 cups heavy cream
    5 eggs
    1 teaspoon salt
    ¼ teaspoon pepper
    Dash Tabasco
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    8 cups French bread, in cubes

Use the butter to grease a 2-quart rectangular pan. Cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Skim out bacon and set aside. Remove all but 2 tablespoons bacon grease. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add corn and cook for 2 minutes. In large mixing bowl whip cream and eggs together. Add salt, pepper and Tabasco. Fold in corn mixture, cheese, bacon and bread. Let rest for about 5 minutes to let bread absorb the liquid. Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until golden brown. The pudding should be firm. Serves 6.

Don’t pack the bread. I added a little more cream because some of the bread was still dry. More cheese, corn and bacon would be ok. A variation of scalloped corn
    False
    Corn Potato Gratin
    sobrogrill.com

5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, in ¼-inch
    slices
    3 cups roasted sweet corn
    2 leeks, white part only, diced
    2 cups Gruyere or Manchego cheese,
    grated
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 quart heavy cream
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon chipotle powder
    1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped

Roast corn on the cob in oven, then cut off corn. Sauté leeks in oil until translucent. Toss all ingredients together and place into baking dish. Bake at 350° covered until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Uncover and continue to bake until a nice crust forms on top.
    Sooo good, rich. Start with less salt in case the cheese is salty. The chile powder is hardly detectable, but along with the roasted corn adds a slight smoky tang. Some of the corn was chewy. Don’t bake until totally dry; the cheese and cream form a sauce. I used Gruyere.I didn’t have parsley to use. I made half the recipe in the large deep Corningware dish.
    False
    Raureif (Germany)
    Recipe Chain Letter

1 cup heavy cream
    6 tablespoons sugar, divided
    ¨ù teaspoon vanilla
    ¨÷ cup orange juice
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    6 large apples (2¨ö pounds)

Beat cream with 3 tablespoons sugar and vanilla to stiff peaks. Combine juices and remaining sugar. Working with one apple at a time, quarter, core and peel into juice with coarse side of the grater. Stir occasionally. Chill mixtures separately until ready to serve. Then fold apple mixture into cream.
    Very easy and very good, nice texture contrasts
    False
    Pumpkin Sunday Pie
    America’s Best Recipes 2001 from Our Country Christmas Collction

1¼ cups sugar
    1 cup canned mashed pumpkin
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 cup heavy cream whipped
    3 cups vanilla ice cream softened
    1 baked 9-inch pastry shell

Stir together first 4 ingredients. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon ice cream into pasty shell and spread evenly. Spoon pumpkin mixture over ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 3 hours. Serve with warm Butterscotch Sauce.

Butterscotch Sauce:

1 cup packed brown sugar
    ½ cup light corn syrup
    ½ cup water
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir together first 3 ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook uncovered 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Makes 1 cup.
    Since I don’t like pie crust, I made it as a frozen mousse in a cake pan. Line the pan with foil or plastic so the pieces come out when cut. Dark syrup worked also.
    False
    Holiday Eggnog Pie
    www.cdkitchen.com

2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
    4 cups eggnog
    ¼ cup sugar
    ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
    2 tablespoons rum or rum flavoring,
    optional
    1 cup heavy cream
    9- or 10-inch baked pie shell

Soften 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin in 2 cups eggnog on top of double boiler. Add ¼ cup sugar and stir until gelatin and sugar are thoroughly dissolved. Add 2 more cups of eggnog, nutmeg, and rum, if desired. Chill. Whip chilled mixture until light and fluffy and then fold in whipped heavy cream. Pour mixture pie shell. Chill until firm. Garnish with additional whipped cream and cherries, if desired.
    Very good. I used 2 tablespoons rum. The next time I would soften and dissolve the gelatin in rum or water; putting it in the eggnog clumped it up so it took a long time to dissolve.
    False
    Holiday Eggnog Pie
    www.cdkitchen.com

4 cups eggnog
    ¼ cup sugar
    ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
    optional
    1 cup heavy cream

Soften 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin in 2 cups eggnog on top of double boiler. Add ¼ cup sugar and stir until gelatin and sugar are thoroughly dissolved. Add 2 more cups of eggnog, nutmeg, and rum, if desired. Chill. Whip chilled mixture until light and fluffy and then fold in whipped heavy cream. Pour mixture pie shell. Chill until firm. Garnish with additional whipped cream and cherries, if desired.
    Very good. I used 2 tablespoons rum. The next time I would soften and dissolve the gelatin in rum or water; putting it in the eggnog clumped it up so it took a long time to dissolve.
    False
    Holiday Eggnog Pie
    www.cdkitchen.com

4 cups eggnog
    ¼ cup sugar
    ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
    optional
    1 cup heavy cream

False
    Pecan Pralines
    About.com

4 tablespoons butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup brown sugar, packed
    Dash salt
    ½ cup heavy cream
    2 cups pecan halves, lightly toasted
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1 tablespoon Bourbon, optional

In heavy saucepan over low heat melt butter. Stir in sugars, salt and cream. Cover and bring to boil over medium heat. Remove the lid and boil to 242º, or almost firm ball stage. Stir in pecans. Remove from heat and beat in flavoring and bourbon. Continue beating until candy loses its glossiness and begins to thicken. Quickly drop by tablespoons onto creased or paper-lined cookie sheet. (Silpat), Makes about 4 dozen.
    These are very quick to make. I didn’t start dropping them soon enough and they hardened into a mass. I added about a teaspoon water, reheated and dropped.
    False
    Holiday Eggnog Pie

4 cups eggnog
    ¼ cup sugar
    ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
    optional
    1 cup heavy cream

False
    Amish Chicken
    Bon Appétit

1 cup flour
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons white pepper
    1 tablespoon salt
    2 teaspoons paprika
    1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
    2 chickens, quartered
    1½ cups heavy cream
    1½ cups water

Stir together flour, garlic, pepper, salt, paprika and parsley. Dredge chicken pieces. Arrange, skin sides up, in 17x12 roasting pan. Stir together cream and water and pour over chicken. Bake at 350º for 1½ hours or until skin is golden and meat is falling-off-the-bone tender. Serves 4.
    I made this for a take-in dinner for a church family. I used chicken parts, skinned, but they turned golden on top. Serve with mashed potatoes and stuffing.
    False
    Creamed Peas with Mint
    Gourmet

1 pound shelled fresh peas, cooked
    or frozen, thawed
    ¾ cup heavy cream
    ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped
    fresh mint
    2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
    2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
    2 tablespoons butter
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper

Briskly simmer cream with ¼ cup mint until slightly thickened and reduced to about ½ cup. Pour through fine mesh sieve into bowl. Cook celery and onion in butter stirring until softened. Add peas and cook until heated through. Stir in cream, salt and pepper and briskly simmer uncovered until peas are well coated, about 1 minutes. Stir in remaining mint and salt to taste. 6 servings.
    Not low fat, but very tasty. The proportion of mint and onion to peas is just right. I reduced the cream in a Pyrex cup in the microwave
    False
    Mango-Mint Fool
    Fine Cooking

2 mangos (14 ounces each) peeled, in
    1-inch chunks
    1/3 cup sugar
    3 tablespoons orange juice
    1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
    Pinch salt
    Tiny pinch cayenne
    1 cup cold heavy cream

Process all but cream until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. You should have about 1½ cups puree. Taste and add more sugar or salt if needed, remembering that the flavors will be muted when you fold the puree into the cream. Chill until very cold. Whip cream to firm but not stiff peaks. Gently fold 1 cup puree into cream just until fully incorporated. Gently stir in remaining puree to make swirls. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 24 hours. Serves 4.
    I sieved the puree since my mangos were a little stringy. This was lovely and creamy.
    False
    Toffee Dream Pie
    Pillsbury

8-or 9-inch baked pie shell
    ½ pound marshmallows
    1/3 cup milk
    5 Heath bars, crushed (¾ ounce each)
    1 cup heavy cream
    2 tablespoons diced toasted almonds

Heat marshmallows and milk, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows melt. Remove from heat. Stir in Heath bars till partially melted. Chill until thickened but not set. Beat cream until thick. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Spoon into baked pie shell. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Garnish with almonds.
    I used Oreo crumb crust and added more crushed Heath bars for garnish along with almonds.
    False
    Baked Eggs and Bacon with Herb Sauce
    America¡¯s Best Recipes 1989

¨ù cup butter
    ¨ù cup flour
    1 cup milk
    1 cup whipping cream
    4 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
    (16 ounces)
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
    1 small clove garlic, minced
    ¨ö teaspoon dried whole marjoram
    ¨û teaspoon salt
    18 hard-cooked eggs
    1 pound bacon, cooked, crumbled
    1 cup buttered soft bread crumbs

Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in cream and rest except crumbs; stir over low heat until cheese melts. (The mixture was quite thick; we added about 2 tablespoons more cream so it would spread). Layer half egg slices, bacon and sauce in sprayed 9x13 dish. Repeat layers. Top with crumbs. Bake uncovered at 350¨¬ for 20-30 minutes. 10-12 servings.
    We tried this so my friend could see if it would work for her ladies¡¯ brunch. We used about ¨ö teaspoon dried basil instead of fresh. The recipe called for ¨ö cup chopped parsley, which we left out, and we used mild Cheddar (by mistake), which was about right to our taste. It doesn¡¯t reheat as nicely.
    False