scalloped white and sweet potatoes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

scalloped white and sweet potatoes

Last post Dec 15, 2006 7:17 AM by dutchmom4MI . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • scalloped white and sweet potatoes
    does anybody have a recipe for scalloped potatoes made with white and sweet potatoes together. i had a recipe and i misplaced it. it was very good. thank you for your replys.
    False
  • RE: scalloped white and sweet potatoes
    bumping for help!

Jolene
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

bump for help
    False

bump
    False
    I made this for Thanksgiving last year. It looked pretty and tasted nice. I arranged the 2 kinds of potatoes in alternate rows. I used the bright gold sweet potatoes.I would make the milk mixture with about half or less of the milk, later adding a little more plain milk if they get dry. When I followed the recipe exactly there was too much liquid. The cooking time is approximate. Test with a fork. The cream adds a nice richness.

Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato Gratin
    Bon Appétit

6 tablespoons butter, divided
    2¼ pounds Yukon gold potatoes
    1½ pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled
    2 cups whole milk
    1 garlic clove, pressed
    1 tablespoon kosher salt
    2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
    1 teaspoon pepper
    ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
    1 cup whipping cream

Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter. Thinly slice all potatoes; place in dish. Bring milk and next 5 ingredients to boil; pour over potatoes. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Cover with foil. Bake at 400º until potatoes are tender and milk as almost absorbed, about 50 minutes. Bring cream to boil. Uncover potatoes, pour cream over and dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake uncovered until top is golden brown in spots, about 25 minutes. 12 servings.
    False
    thank you so much for all your helpi will try this recipe. thank you for the review on the recipe.
    False

Looks great! Hope to try these myself.

False