How much lemon zest would equal the zest from 1 lemon? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How much lemon zest would equal the zest from 1 lemon?

Last post Dec 21, 2006 7:37 PM by deedal_ON . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • How much lemon zest would equal the zest from 1 lemon?
    And how much orange zest would equal the zest from 1 orange? I am trying to help somebody and they bought the zest and the recipe calls for zest from 1 lemon and zest from 1 orange.
    I have tried the search and not getting anywhere. Thanks

Sherry
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

• RE: How much lemon zest would equal the zest from 1 lemon?

Substitutes: lemon zest (1 teaspoon extract = 2 teaspoons zest) OR oil of lemon (One part flavoring oil is roughly equivalent to four parts extract, but this may vary according to the products used. To be safe, begin by substituting 1/8 teaspoon of oil per teaspoon of extract, then add more drops of oil until you're satisfied with the flavor.)

False

Thank you. I finally did find the one for the orange zest. I was looking under substitutions instead of equivalents. The friend is making strufoli, which I have never had. It is an italian honey cake recipe. I think it is little balls sort of like donuts with honey in or on them.
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

It really frustrates me when I try a recipe calling for the zest or juice of one orange or lemon. It depends on the size and the juiciness of the fruit. So, the first time I make it, I measure it in teaspoons or tablespoons, so the next time I know exactly how much I need.

I recently make a cake calling for 2 tsp orange zest, I mistakingly grated all of a medium-size orange and got about 3 Tbsp -- that's a lot of zest.
    False