DOES KOOL AID HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

DOES KOOL AID HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE?

Last post Jul 16, 2011 4:37 PM by justyouandme20002001 . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • DOES KOOL AID HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE?
    I'm donating food to a food drive (non perishable things). I'm wondering if Kool Aid Can expire? I would guess not since it's a powdered drink mix.

Arigatou for help...

Aims62
    False
  • RE: DOES KOOL AID HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE?
    Yes, here's the info:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=contact_us&m=contact_us/faqview&faq_question_id=584&cache=N
    False
    How do I read the code date on my KOOL-AID drink mix?

Beginning in late January 2004, this product now contains a Best When Used By date. However, we are still in the process of transitioning over the products to this new code date. Therefore, your product may have a Julian Date. Please see below for information on Best When Used By Dates and Julian Date Codes.
    This coding information can be found in the following places depending on whether you have regular, sugar sweetened or sugar free KOOL-AID.

Sugar Free KOOL-AID: back of packet on lower right in blue box.
    Example: 7003A21
    Sugar Sweetened KOOL-AID: canister - on bottom
    Example: 7003EV1125C
    KOOL-AID Envelopes: printed on back of package center
    Example: 7003EV0736
    Unsweetened KOOL-AID: back of packet on lower or top edge in blue box
    BEST WHEN USED BY DATE:
    The Best By Date will appear as follows:
    01FEB06
    01 = Day of Month
    FEB = Month
    06 = Year of Expiration
    The product should be consumed by the date on the package.

JULIAN DATE:
    Example: 7003A318

A Julian Code Date is the date the product was manufactured. In these examples, the 7 designates the year (2007), the next three digits 003 , designate day number 3 of the 365 days possible. So we know this product was manufactured on January 3, 2007.

The letter identifies the production plant and the additional numbers designate shift and/or line.

False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.

So this means I have to throw away 11 packets (boxed) of Sugar Free Kool-Aid dated, 2FEB09...right??

False

A "best by" date only implies that the product will be freshest if you use it by that date.  It doesn't spoil but may not taste as good as it would have if you had used it by the date on the package.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I wouldn't be afraid of it....try one, and if it taste crummy then dump them.  Am sure you won't be POISONED by tasting it.

False

Marilyn

• Re: DOES KOOL AID HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE?

One of my favorite websites is http://www.stilltasty.com. So many things are still safe years after the date on the package. It has saved me tons of money with things I would normally have thrown away.

kath

False
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." Marianne Williamson http://www.wherearethecows.webs.com/
  • Re: DOES KOOL AID HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE?

If I were using it myself I wouldn't throw it away but if donating they just might toss it themselves if they look at expiration dates at all.

False