leftover brats? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

leftover brats?

Last post Jan 04, 2007 9:30 AM by shanty_wi . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • leftover brats?
    any recipes to use these up?thanks
    False
  • RE: leftover brats?
    Sorry I can't be any help.
    I just wanted to say when I read your question I thought you were talking about you had left over children that were being brats.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

Taste Of Home's Beer 'n' Brat Biscuits (made using leftover brats)

Submitted by:Nancy Bourget

"'My husband, our three girls and I all love to cook, so we're always coming up with something new to try,' explains Nancy Bourget of Round Rock, Texas. These yummy biscuits require just four ingredients, including leftover brats.

TIP: 'Serve them with mustard and a big bowl of rice and beans or bean soup.' recommends Nancy."

Original recipe yield:16 servings
    PREP TIME 10 Min
    COOK TIME 20 Min
    READY IN 30 Min

Ingredients:

2 bratwurst, casings removed
    4 cups biscuit/baking mix
    2 teaspoons caraway seed
    1 (12 ounce) can beer or nonalcoholic beer

Cut bratwurst into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, caraway seeds and bratwurst; stir in beer just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
    False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.
    Lol, they are always brats!!
    False
    Thanks Holly, those sound good.
    False
    If you don't like spicy, leave out the horseradish:

Crockpot Brats

Ingredients:

1 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup prepared horseradish
    2 pounds brats, sliced thin

In a slow cooker combine the sugar, ketchup and horseradish. Add the brats, and mix well. Cook on High until it starts to boil. Reduce heat to Low, and cook until sauce thickens, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. (You can make on the stove top too.) If you make it on the stove top, just coook until heated through :O)
    False
    Our Janie (((Appy Girl))) makes a recipe which uses this sauce:-since your brags are already cooked, just heat them up and dip them like she does:

1/2 cup Sweet-hot mustard or Honey mustard
    1 Cup finely chopped, lightly salted and sweetened peanuts or Honey roasted cashews

Slice the Bratwurst into bite size chunks.

Skewer each piece of Bratwurst onto a toothpick.

Dip into the mustard, then roll into the finely chopped nuts.
    False
    There was a really good casserole in a recent TOH casserole cookbook (you know, the small ones that they have near the checkout at the grocery store). Anyway, it has a brat recipe in it that is really good. I made it not long ago but for the life of me I can't remember the recipe off hand (and I'm at work so I don't have the book with me). It called for brats, maybe cream of celery soup, shredded cheddar cheese, tater tots and sour cream (I'm sure that I'm forgetting a few small items). I think you remove the casings, cook the brats and mix them with the soup and cheese. That goes in a 9X13 greased pan. The frozen tater tots go on top and then the sour cream on top of those (although I thought the sour cream came out nasty--almost curdled looking when I made it--I'll mix it in with the soup next time). I'm sure it was submitted by a reader or maybe someone on the BB can find it before I get home today. Anyway, it was really good. Even DH liked it which doesn’t happen often.
    False

Charleezangel_OH "My Chocolate Lab Owns My Heart!"

It was cream of mushroom soup and I forgot the onion. Here it is:

Brat 'N' Tot Bake
    From Quick Cooking

1 pound uncooked bratwurst, casings removed

1 medium onion, chopped

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots

2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

Crumble bratwurst into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.

False

Charleezangel_OH "My Chocolate Lab Owns My Heart!"

Oh charleezangel, that on sounds like something we would like,i have everything but the sour cream,so i guess i will wait til tomorrow. thanks.
    False