Breakfast Dishes to take to Brunch | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Breakfast Dishes to take to Brunch

Last post Feb 23, 2004 12:51 PM by Mom_Jill . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Breakfast Dishes to take to Brunch
    Hi Everyone,

Now I am looking for some favorite breakast dishes that I can take to my Church brunch. Do you have any to share?

Thanks, Kay
    False
  • RE: Breakfast Dishes to take to Brunch
    Not your egg bake, but very good!
    Sweet Sausage Casserole
    2 pkgs. crescent rolls, divided
    1 pkg. (8oz)pork sausage, cooked, crumbled, & drained
    8 oz. cream cheese
    2 med. tart apples, chopped
    ¼ c. coarsely chopped walnuts
    2 Tablespoons brown sugar
    1 Tablespoon cinnamon-sugar, opt.
    Line bottom of 9x13 dish with 1 pkg. cresent roll; press perforations to seal. In a bowl, combine sausage, cream cheese, apples, walnuts, and brown sugar; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over crust. Top with remaining package of rolls, covering sausage mixture completely; pressing to seal performations to seal. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Bake 375º 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
    False
    this is really good and you can make it the night before and have it ready to pop in the stove just before you need it
    Breakfast Quiche
    2 deep dish pie crusts
    1 lb sausage
    2 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
    2 cups mixed shredded cheese (I use cheddar and swiss)
    1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 med. onion, chopped very fine
    5 eggs
    Preheat oven to 350. Fry onion, pepper and sausage together until sausage is done. Stir with a fork while frying so that the sausage breaks into small pieces. Drain off all the grease. Put half into each pie crust. Sprinkle each with half the hash brown potatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheese. Beak the eggs slightly and pour half on each pie. You will have to pour slowly and give the eggs time to soak down into the other ingredients or they will run over. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and solid in the center. You can prepare these and set them in the refrigerator the night before then bake the next morning.
    False
    Got this in a newsletter from Kraft. Made it for supper last night. We like breakfast for lunch or supper. I will add my tweeking at the end.

Hearty Breakfast Skillet

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. (8 oz.) bulk pork sausage
    2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
    1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes &
    Green Chilies, drained
    1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized
    Prepared Cheese Product, cut up
    6 eggs

BROWN sausage in large nonstick skillet on medium heat; drain. Add potatoes and tomatoes; cook 5 minutes. Top with Velveeta.

BEAT eggs and 2 Tbsp. water with wire whisk in a medium bowl. Pour evenly over ingredients in skillet; cover. Reduce heat to low.

COOK 10 to 12 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center and Velveeta is melted. Uncover; let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges with a nonstick spatula.

Calories 280, Total fat 19g, Saturated fat 9g,
    Cholesterol 260mg, Sodium 990mg, Carbohydrate 10g,
    Dietary fiber 1g, Sugars 4g, Protein 17g, Vitamin A 15%DV,
    Vitamin C 6%DV, Calcium 20%DV, Iron 8%DV

I sauteed some green pepper, onion, garlic, celery and jarred roasted red pepper and added it to the sausage, potatoe tomato mixture.

I sliced the Velveeta instead of cubing it. I thot it would melt faster.

It took more than 10-12 min. for the eggs to set. They were set at the edges but was still "loose" in the middle. I took a fork and "pulled" holes in the mixture and let the egg run down thru the holes. It finished cooking that way.

I did let it set for 5 min. before serving it up and my wedges didn't come out very nicely. Dh wanted a second helping and by then, when I cut a wedge, it stayed together.

Dh doesn't like to try anything new, but he sure liked this.

We ate ours with salsa on top.

Kathy
    False
    how about breakfast pizza?
    1 lb bulk pork sausage or10-12
    slices of bacon crumbled
    1 pkg refrig.crescent rolls
    1 cup froz.hash brown potatoes- thawed
    1c shredded sharp cheddar
    5 eggs
    1/4c milk
    1/2tsp salt
    1/4tsp pepper
    2 tbs grated parmesean
    (I sometimes add diced onion too)
    cook sausage or bacon and drain.set aside.
    seperate dough into 8 triangles and arrange on ungreased 12 in pizza pan( or cookie sheet..press dough to fit) over bottom and slightly upside to form a crust.seal perforations completely,spoon meat over crust,sprinkle with potatoes.top with cheddar.set aside.Beat together egg and milk,s&p,pour over filling. sprinkle with parm.and bvake at 375x 25-30 min.

False
    How about Meat-Potato Quiche

In 9" pie plate pat in
    3 cups corasely shredded cooked potates
    Layer on top
    1 cup grated swiss or cheddar cheese
    3/4 cup cooked ham or sausage or bacon
    1/4 cup onion chopped
    Mix and beat together in bowl
    1 cup evaporated milk or milk with part cream
    2 eggs
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Pour this over other ingredients.
    sprinkle with 1 Tbsp parsley
    Bake in preheated 425º oven for 40-45 min. Knife inserted 1" away from edge comes out clean. Allow to cool 5 min.

Jill
    False