rollo pretzel treats with nuts | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

rollo pretzel treats with nuts

Last post Dec 10, 2008 6:52 PM by Sugan_n_Spice . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • rollo pretzel treats with nuts
    I can't remember the cooking time for these. You take pretzels, put a rollo on it, heat it and press a nut into it then let it cool. I did a search but couldn't remember the name of them.
    False
  • RE: rollo pretzel treats with nuts
    RE: Here's an easy snack to make...
    Posted by: superglide Posted on: 11/23/2004 12:19:58 PM
    #R4773728
    this was recently in a quick-cooking magazine.
    here's the recipe;
    mini pretzel twists.
    one bag of rollo candies
    bag of pecan halves
    place pretzels on aluminum foil on cookie sheets. unwrap rollo and place one on top of each pretzel. bake at 200 degrees for 4 minutes. immediately squish a pecan half on top. cool in fridge to remove and store in covered container. i just made these again on sunday. they're a quick tasty treat. and the hardest part is unwrapping the candy. :)
    False
    I had these for the first time during Christmas. One of the girls I work with made them for our office cookie swap. They were quite a hit.

Sheryle

Turtle Candies recipe
    1 bag Rolo candies
    1 bag square-shaped butter pretzels
    1 bag pecan halves

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.

Unwrap candies and place in bowl for later.

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Lay down the pretzels onto the cookie sheet. You can get about 50 to 60 to a cookie sheet. Set a candy on each pretzel. Place in oven to soften the candies, about 5 minutes. Check occasionally; don't let them melt. Remove from oven. Push a pecan half on top of each candy. Set in a cool area or refrigerator to harden.

Remove from wax paper and store in bag or container. Keep cold.

False
    Thanks. I sort of had in my mind 200 or 250. Yes, they are very good and so easy.
    False
    I wanted to bring something else to work tomorrow along with the nacho chips and a dip I have already w/o making an additional trip to the store.

The Rollo treats fit the bill perfectly. Although next time I think the square pretzels would be great with this.I already had not large but medium twisted pretzels. With a bake time of only 4 min, these were quick and really appetizing to look at .

I used a silpat and very symmetrically placed a rollo in the center of each pretzel.After 4 minutes I pressed the Rollo out evenly on each one and placed a perfect Half pecan in the center. I chilled them and they had something to appeal to all.
    Chocolate, caramel and chewy on top ,crunchy and salty underneath in other words.........A Winning Combo.

Thankyou so much for posting this one.

Alliea

Alliea
    False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Bump
    False

Hello: I have been making these for years and have found it is easier to
    place the pecan half on top of the rolo before you put them in the oven and let it toast while the rolo is getting soft. My recipe calls for the
    oven to be 250 degrees and for 4 minutes. The rolo will not melt but when you push the pecan down the rolo
    is really soft. I always time mine to
    be sure not to go over 4 minutes.
    Know you will enjoy.
    Merle
    False
    I thought about doing that Merle but I usually (I say usually LOL) don't change a recipe until I try it once, then I tweak it.

I think it might give a lightly toasted taste to the pecan which I like.
    I think I will try that the next time because these were easy but unique as well.Thanks for the tip.I prefer the pecan half to an M&M as I like M&M's but not in baked goods.

Alliea

False

• Re: rollo pretzel treats with nuts

False