Bob Evan's banana nut bread recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Bob Evan's banana nut bread recipe

Last post Mar 09, 2013 1:36 AM by jumsgirl . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • Bob Evan's banana nut bread recipe
    Does anyone have BoBb Evan's banana nut bread recipe? I know this has been asked before ahave tried soooo Many,really and they are really good,but not like Bob Evans. Someone here even called the company and they said they get a mix in and just add water and bananas. I've tried to buy a box mix and play with it, but it never comes out even close. I'm dieing for this one.It's soooo good. Anyone Please???!!! I really am begging
    False
  • RE: Bob Evan's banana nut bread recipe
    I found this in a search. It is supposed to be a Bob Evans clone.

BANANA NUT BREAD

1/2 cup shortening

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

11/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 or 4 very ripe bananas, mashed (use 4 if bananas are small)

1/2 cup walnuts, optional

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. With an electric mixer, mix shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and bananas. Add to egg mixture. Add nuts and mix. Spoon batter into a greased 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until tested done.

False
    gaudrey_GA, I'm not sure how you found this ,but I'm going to try it this evening. The ingredients sound so familiar,but I know the ingredients are all basically the same. I write on the recipe what I thought of it. I should o back through and see if any of the measurements and ingredients are the same. Whatever, I'll give it a whirl!! Thanks again
    False
    Let us know how it turns out. Others may like to have it too.
    False
    gaudrey_GA, Ok I made the bread yesterday and I think this is the closest that I've come. But I'm going to have to try it again. Let me tell you why... I did everything that it said to do but,when baking the center never was completely baked. I kept it in for an extra 15 min.and it was still really gooey. The outside was getting dark so I took it out.Because I had left in it extra time I think is why it was a bit dry,no much. Deffinately from the extra baking time. I want to try it again,but I don't have any bad bananas. I had a ton in the freezer,but I've been trying so many banana breads that I don't have any more. Do you know if you can substitute baby food bananas in a jar just like for carrot cake? If so, do you know how to determine how much? Probably just measure like you would if it said 1 cup bananas =1 cup banana baby food, Yes?Thank you so much. This i sthe closest that I've come
    False
    Here's the recipe I use..

Best Ever Banana Bread

1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
    1-1/2 cups sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 eggs
    2 ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
    ½ cup vegetable oil
    ¼ cup plus one tablespoon buttermilk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another mixing bowl combine eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in nuts. Pour into a greased 9X5X3 loaf pan. Bake at 325º for one hour and 20 minutes on until bread tests done. Cool on wire rack.

vammie
    False
    This one is also good..

Pat’s Banana Bread

1 Loaf

½ cup butter
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    3 crushed ripe bananas
    2 cups flour
    ½ tsp. Soda
    ½ tsp. Baking powder
    ¼ cup walnuts (DW uses ¾ cup)

Cream butter, add sugar and cream again. Add eggs and beat, then add bananas and flour, sifted with soda and baking powder. Add nuts and place in greased bread pan and bake at 350º for about 1 ½ hours test center with toothpick during last ½ hr.

vammie
    False
    mixerfive. after reading your comment, i made the recipe and used less bananas. it still came out very mushy in the middle. (and the outside was getting too dark) it was a nice easy recipe, so i was hoping it would come out better. what are we missing here??
    False
    Barb
  • Re: RE: Bob Evan's banana nut bread recipe

I think that mixerfive's recipe would turn out better and less goey if you baked it at 350 degrees for 50 though 60 minutes, because I've found another good banana nut bread recipe. It has a really good texture, but still not the same taste as Bob Evan's. If we use your recipe baked at my time, then it would be firm, not browned, and tasty. I'm going to try it right now, and I will post how it turned out later.

False
  • Re: RE: Bob Evan's banana nut bread recipe

Bake mixerfive's recipe at 350 for 50 through 60 minutes, and it will be firm in the middle, but not brown at the top.  :)

False

I had the same experience with this bread.  I tried the 350 but after 60 minutes was still gooey.  Used 3 smaller bananas so I don't think that was it.  Finally covered it with foil and left it in hot oven for a bit.  It looks caved in so I doubt it's really done even now.  Very dark in color.  I also have tried many recipes and don't seem to find one that cooks evenly without drying out.  I'm ready to give up on this bread.  Just go to Bob Evans and order it.  

False

I have had this problem with quick bread before, and I don't put all the batter in the loaf pan. I make two cupcakes, and the loaf of bread. Not as much batter keeps the bread from getting too brown as the center bakes. Then dh and I can have a taste without cutting the bread, as I am usually baking it for someone.

False

I always bake mine at 325 for about an hour, so it gets done in the middle but not too dark on the outside.  And the recipe I use is the same as first one listed here, but it calls for butter instead of shortening.  

False
  • Re: Bob Evan's banana nut bread recipe

Here's recipe by hollyga. I haven't tried it yet.

Yogurt Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup mashed bananas

1/2 cup vanilla yogurt

Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Add bananas and yogurt. Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350* for 1 hour.

Really Good Banana Bread

Baby girl loves Bob Evan's Banana Bread. She could eat her weight in it. So I tried to find a copy cat recipe and this is the closest one I found. It's a very moist, solid bread with good banana flavor. For it to really be like Bob Evan's though you'd wan to add some walnuts. I'm saving the walnuts I have left over from the Bourbon Walnut Fudge I made DH for his birthday for the Cranberry Orange Bread though (both of which I may post later - and yes, DH will bring some fudge on Tuesday. I completely forgot yesterday.) Anyway, here's the banana bread adapted from this Sour Cream Banana Bread recipe. I really should go grade now . hollyga

False

Put On A Happy Face

• Re: Bob Evan's banana nut bread recipe

This is the recipe we always use and it comes out perfect every time.  It's simple and fast with a moist texture.  

BANANA NUT BREAD

Cream together : 

1/2 cup butter

1 cup sugar

Add: 
    4 very ripe bananas, mashed (use 4 if bananas are small)

1 snack pack of applesauce (like individual lunch apple sauces or 1/4 cup of applesauce from a jar)

1/2 tsp banana and rum extract each.   

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp cinnamon (optional)  (Banana bread should not have cinnamon because it overpowers the banana flavor but with the addition of banana extract, it really tastes great in this recipe....it is optional)

Add
    2 eggs (one at a time mixing between each addition)

In a separate bowl mix: 

2 cups flour
     1 teaspoon baking soda

Slowly Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Once everything is combined add

1/2 cup walnuts, (optional)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Spoon batter into a greased 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until tested done.  Leave the bread in the pan on top of warm stove to cool as it will still be soft in middle.  Once it has completely cooled, remove the bread from the pan and slice.  It will be very very moist like Bob Evans.

Let me know if any of you try this...it really is worth the small amount of effort!

False