Freezable Casseroles | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Freezable Casseroles

Last post Mar 16, 2007 6:32 PM by nosyposy . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Freezable Casseroles
    I'm having 6 guests for three or four days the week of Easter. I'm not good at cooking for a large group especially when they're waitig or in the kitchen with me. Can you please share some things I can make ahead, freeze, and just take them out and put them in the oven. I can handle salads and desserts. Thanks; I am so appreciative of your help.
    False
  • RE: Freezable Casseroles
    What about Alfredo Chicken.

In a 9x13 dish, place chicken with the thickest parts to the outside of dish. Pour over 1/2 cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap and poke 6 -8 holes with a knife over top. Microwave 8 minutes, carefully turn chicken over and cook 5-6 minutes more.
    You may need to poke one to be sure it is done.
    You can freeze these, and on the day you serve, let them thaw: pour Alfredo Sauce over the tops and bake (or nuke) until thoroughly heated.
    These are very good served with either rice, noodles or mashed potatoes and a salad, and dessert.

A very simple dessert is to take
    1 can Cherry Pie Filling
    2 pkg. Cherry Jell-O
    2 cups boiling water
    1 1/2 cups 7-Up or Tropical Soda

Prepare as directed, then mix in pie filling. Stir well and chill.

To Garnish:
    Cool Whip
    Chocolate Chips
    Nuts

Cherie - IN †
    False
    I forgot to say when you go to reheat them pour off the water.

Cherie
    False
    Thanks, Cherie.
    False
    Cheesy Potatoes

2lb bag frozen hashbrowns
    1lb velveeta-cubed
    1 stick butter
    1 can cream of potato
    1 can cream of chicken
    8oz sour cream

Mix all ingredients except hashbrowns in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in hashbrowns. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 425 until golden and bubbly about 35-40 minutes.

**You can stir in some ham or chicken to make this a main dish. It also freezes well, just make sure it's defrosted before you bake it.

~Jen
    False
    I posted this a very long time ago, and just made it this past week. My son who hates clams and spinach tried this, and really liked it.

Manhattan Clam Spinach Rolls

8 lasagna noodles
    1-10 ounce frozen chopped spinach
    1 egg
    1 cup cream style cottage cheese drained
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozarella
    1-8 ounce can minced clams
    1-4oz can mushrooms drained
    1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
    1 tablespoon chopped onion
    1/4 tea salt and pepper
    1 can condensed Manhattan clam chowder soup
    1-8oz tomato sauce

Cook noodles drain. Cook spinach drain. In a blender combine egg, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozarella cheese. Cover and blend. Drain clams, reserving liquid. Add clams to blended mixture, then stir in spinach, mushrooms, parmesan cheese, onion, salt and pepper. Spread 1/3 cup mixture on each noodle. Roll up jelly roll fashion. In blender combine clam chowder, tomato sauce and reserved clam liquid. Cover and blend. Pour 1/2 of this mixture into a 12x7x2 pan. Place rolls seam side down. Pour remaining sauce over the rolls. Cover with foil, at this point you can freeze the casserole. When ready to bake defrost casserole and bake 350 degree for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes. Top with remaining 1/2 mozarella cheese. Return to oven until cheese melts.
    Serves 4 Gail

You can double this recipe, and place the rolls in a biggers casserole dish. I hope this helps you out.
    False
    I have made this recipe for many years. I love the fact that it can be frozen, and just ready for dinner. To me this is a very elegant dinner, and very filling. I usually serve it with a salad, and a fresh veggie.

Scallops Au Gratin

2 lbs fresh sea scallops (4 cups)
    1/4 cup butter or margarine
    2 medium green peppers, cut into 3/4 inch squares (2 cups)
    2 medium onions, cut up (1 cup)
    4 celery stalks, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (2 cups)
    3 cups soft bread crumbs
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    2 cups light cream
    1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese

Rinse scallops well in cold water, drain. In large saucepan, add water to scallops to cover, bring to boiling, uncovered. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
    In hot butter in large skillet saute green pepper, onion, and celery until tender, about 8 minutes.
    In a large bowl combine sauteed vegetables with scallops, bread crumbs, salt and pepper toss lightly to combine.
    Divide scallop mixture evenly among 6 (5 inch foil pie pans. Let cool completely. Pour 1/3 cup cream over scallops in each pie pan. Wrap each in foil, label and freeze until ready to use.
    To bake, prehat oven to 450. Place wrapped pie pans on cookie sheet. Bake scallop mixture unthawed , 40 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle each with some cheese, bake 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and scallop mixture in heated through. NOTE Or use 2 (9) inch foil pie pans. Pour 1 cup of cream over scallop mixture in each. Bake 50 minutes before removing foil. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese, bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese in melted and scallop mixture is heated through.

Gail
    False
    Lasagna, sloppy joes. TLT
    False
    Hi nosyposy,
    Do a search under my name. I've posted a lot of frezzer recipes. You might find a few you like.
    Lynn
    False
    Many, many thanks to all who reponded with great recipes.
    False