My Rival Crock pot burns!!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

My Rival Crock pot burns!!!

Last post Mar 18, 2007 8:16 PM by Fratz_NC . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • My Rival Crock pot burns!!!
    This is a new Smart Pot I bought about 4 months ago. No matter how much water I put in, the darn things burns all around the sides and up to the top. Anyone have this problem? I'm tempted to stop using Rival crockpots, and perhaps I'll write them. They probably won't do anything. Their little manual that comes with the crockpot says you don't have to add water in some recipes. YEA, SURE!!! Put a pot roast in yesterday, and the whole inside of the pot was burned, the roast was edible though. But I'm at a loss at to why this is happening. I replaced my old one as it was old and the heat was going down the the countertop, so threw it out. Now with this new one, I've got other problems. Help!!

Sandi
    False
  • RE: My Rival Crock pot burns!!!
    I recently bought a Rival Smart-Set Crock Pot and it has worked fine. I did a Boston butt for pulled pork and it turned out delicious. I've been happy with this one and haven't had good luck with other crockpots I've had and gotten rid of. I like the different modes this one does - auto cook mode, digital timer mode, digital timer mode with dual cycle and manual mode.
    I would call them and tell them about your problems and hopefully they'll replace yours.
    pegg
    False

pegg

I noticed the recipes for the newer Rivals called for less cooking time then their older models.

My manuals for my older Rivals
    read that the cooking temperture on Low is about 200°, High is about 300°.

False

Put On A Happy Face

I had a Rival and took it back, mine was a piece of trash. Took it back got my money and bought another brand, I'm thinking it's a GE. Have never had a problem with my new one and that was over a year ago.

False
    I got a KitchenAid crockpot for Christmas and really like it. It does cook hotter but I've not had anything burn nor does my counter get hot like it did with the Rival that I've had for 2 or 3 years. Carol
    False

Carol

I have a Rival Smart Pot just like yours and yes, it does burn everything. Last week I put some pork chops in the crock pot at noon and when I got home you could smell burnt food at the front door. The bottom and sides of the crock pot were burnt black, the onions on top of the pork chops were burnt black and the pork chops were hard as a rock. I'm about ready to throw it out and get something new. I haven't used it that much but I can't depend on it to cook anything when I'm gone. Maybe some are defective.
    False
    Sandi...

I gave my Rival Smart Pot away. That thing burned everything I cooked. I was aware that they cooked hotter than the older models and tried to adjust the heat accordingly. Never could prevent the burning. I replaced it with a Nesco Roaster. I have only used it one time and it did fine...haven't tried it as a slow cooker yet.

Fratz
    False