Help...taco meat too spicy!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help...taco meat too spicy!!

Last post Mar 28, 2007 8:27 PM by CookieCarol . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Help...taco meat too spicy!!
    I have almost 10 pounds of ground beef to feed my church kids tonight....I actually used a recipe (I'm more of a throw it in and see what happens kind of cook) and it is too spicy!! Not too hot, but spicy. I think it's too much cumin and/or chili powder.
    Can you think of a way to tame the taste? Add tomato sauce? Add beef broth? We are going to make taco salads, not actual tacos. I need help!!!!
    False
  • RE: Help...taco meat too spicy!!
    Throwing a potato in will take out salt, maybe it will help with the spices?
    False

You could put about 1/4 or 1/3 of the meat in a colander and rinse it under hot water, then mix it back with the rest.

Maybe that would help.

False
    Thanks, I'll try anything!
    False

Remeber that when the meat is mixed with cold lettuce and cheese and dressing, it won't taste so spicy...maybe! LOL

False
    Oh, bless your hearts!! I put half the meat in the colander and rinsed it and I think it is okay and the kids will eat it. It still tastes a little more cumin-y than I would have liked...but it is edible. Before, I was afraid it wasn't!! I should have realized that it was a LOT of spice, recipe or not! I'll buy extra cheese and bury the meat under it.
    Thanks so very much....I was read to panic.
    False
    You may be surprised that they comment that it is very good.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    I sure hope so. It is a little bland tasting now, but I'm afraid to add anything.
    Kids are funny, they will probably love it. If they don't, I'll just say 'eat it anyway!' They love salads so this should go over big.
    Thanks for all the help.
    False
    The meat was great and it was almost all eaten. Thanks for the help!
    False