Prism Diet Recipes ?? Thoughts? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Prism Diet Recipes ?? Thoughts?

Last post Oct 04, 2011 8:02 AM by bluepickle . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Prism Diet Recipes ?? Thoughts?
    Hello all :) and Happy Monday!!

Would any of you be on the Prism diet?? I am curious about recipes, thoughts...All I heard was from my mates DD - her mom started this diet in February and is really feeling so much better and has dropped a bit of weight and lowered her BPressure - Yippeeeee!!!

Sounds like it is a good diet as what can be better than knocking away white flour, sugar & processed foods / mixes???

Wondering if anyone is on this Prism diet and has recipes, thoughts or such to share.

I would love to put together a moms day basket for DD's mom and want to include things she can enjoy as well as see how I may fit some changes into our diet as well. I sure wish sometimes we could survive on just 1 meal per day LOL! This 3 meals a day and snacks is a full time job *grin*

Chefly - you out there reading this :) ??? If you are, a quick update on DMate aka Rob :) He is doing soooo much better already as we are just going simply into the journal with what we know now - avoiding butter, high fat foods...I am keeping him supplied with red grapes and Oranges, he loves that :) and is having much better days so far. I am going to slowly add things this week to see how he does and he is willing to try yogurt this week, too :) But he wants me to wait on the d.enzymes...we shall see ;)

Good Day all!!!
    False
    Bethany www.ChrisDouglass.org "Walk far enough, life gets simple. Life gets simple enough, things start to make sense." Chris Douglass
  • RE: Prism Diet Recipes ?? Thoughts?
    Flicker, I'm glad Rob is doing better. Both of you must be relieved a bit, but he should be getting some healthy fats (olive oil, walnut oil, flax oil) it is very important. His body and all our bodies need these oils to function properly. Some of the vitamins and minerals we need can only be metabolized when we have healthy fats.

Why does he want to wait on the enzymes? I'm worried that he will find foods he can eat and just feel content with those instead of taking the enzymes and being able to eat so many more. The enzymes also help our bodies utilize the nutrients of the food we digest. If he is lacking in certain enzymes (and it seems like he is) then he isn't absorbing many of the nutrients he is ingesting.

This is the description of Now Co.'s Super Enzymes maybe if Rob reads the description he will feel they are worth a try.
    chefly

Super Enzymes Caps - 90 Capsules

PRODUCT #: 2963
    UPC: 733739029638

Supplements win awards for one reason – sheer excellence. NOW’s Super Enzyme formula, based on its high potency and complete profile, has quickly become a favorite among our customers. Scientifically engineered with an extensive blend of essential enzymes, papain, pancreatin, bromelain and more, this is a highly effective product that can greatly assist in the digestion of foods. As a result of illness, smoking, poor diet, age and a weakened gastrointestinal system, our body’s natural production of enzymes is prone to decline. Enzymatic deficiency can commonly lead to gas, indigestion, heartburn, bloating and non-absorption of vital nutrients.*

False
    Thank you Chefly!

I will print this for him to read. I think reading your notes has encouraged him A LOT...actually I KNOW it has :)

I believe he is wanting to wait on the enzymes only because I am supporting the 2 of us and driving an uninspected vehicle at the moment (aauugh). He is feeling quite depressed with our living situation yet all of this being worked out (his meals & tummy) I think will make him nudge him out of it a bit, not to mention Spring time arriving...we hope LOL :)

You put it right on that we may get 'comfortable' with him eating limited items and I can see from your note that is not really making anything better. I have been wondering about flaxseed oil and what to substitute butter with that may be better for him...so much to learn!! I am sooo glad you have shared with us as you have :) I will be back soon to ramble some more questions I am sure!!

So glad you read this post :) :) :) Rob's ex is a sweetheart and thank God for that every day! They have raised 2 wonderful children and she is always sure to keep me a part of it :) Which was so nice since I met them at such a young age and have no children of my own. She is wonderful! I want to encourage her on her new diet, too!

Wheew...I have so much bundled in my wee head, hope this all makes sense :)
    False
    Bethany www.ChrisDouglass.org "Walk far enough, life gets simple. Life gets simple enough, things start to make sense." Chris Douglass
    Acidiophilous is very cheap and very effective, I would have started there first because maybe it would allow him to eat all foods. I know lots of people it has helped.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    I did a search to peek at prices, I can definately pick these up for him and I think he will try if I do so.

Thank you for the nudge!!!
    False
    Even Walmart carries the acidophilous, Costco as well and theirs has the higher bacteria count. One per day will soon tell if it is going to work. One week will see a change if it is going to help. Good luck and I really do hope you will try it.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    :) I'll pick some up tomorrow, maybe I can tell him to try these before yogurt :)
    False
    Flicker, I know your financial stress we are living with the same and it is so hard to add one more cost to a stretched budget. I have mentioned acidophilous, a pro-biotic, should be taken and it should help but he should also take the enzymes. Plumcrazy is right about pro-biotics helping and in a short time. You should be able to find a good enzyme for about $20.00 for a months supply, not cheap but it could make a huge difference in his life. I looked at the enzymes on the GNC website and wasn't impressed when one of them said "x number of colonies alive at manufacturing." That was one of the hints to put it back on the shelf. They may have others that would be fine. They do have a money-back guarantee on their products, so if you buy some enzymes and they don't help you could return them. Just keep in mind that another brand guaranteeing life of the enzymes until a certain date should be of greater benefit. I hope I didn't make that confusing. I'm also worried that if you buy a brand that doesn't guarantee life of enzymes and they don't help then Rob will say it didn't work and won't be willing to try a different brand. I just don't want Rob to be satisfied "limping" if he can "run."
    chefly

DH's ex is also very nice and has even spent New Year's eve at our house a few years ago when she came to visit relatives in Wisconsin. I'm sorry I don't know anything about the Prism diet except it is based on the Mediterranean diet and is a good diet.
    chefly
    False
    Thank you Chefly for adding your words of wisdom!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day and I am hoping I can get to our health shoppe to check these out.

I may come back with what I find before I purchase just to hear your thoughts :)

I feel as though you should be sending a bill my way for all of your advice!!

:)
    False
  • Re: Prism Diet Recipes ?? Thoughts?

The Prism eating plan is a great, natural way of eating that avoids unhealthy foods and food addictions. By avoiding the white flour/white sugar, your gut is able to heal. The probiotics help with this as well, but will always be fighting if the yeast-growing foods are still being eaten.  Similar plans include Paleo and Primitive eating.

Here is a link with some Prism recipes. There are tons more out there though: http://allrecipes.com/cook/18656393/recipes.aspx?page=1

False