Where to get the glass bucket thingy? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Where to get the glass bucket thingy?

Last post Apr 13, 2007 4:29 PM by sauls . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • Where to get the glass bucket thingy?
    I would like to make some trifles for church dinners, and I know some time back you all were talking about these glass buckets you could make that sort of thing in. What are they called and where can I find one?
    Thanks!
    Brenda
    False
  • RE: Where to get the glass bucket thingy?
    I found mine at a kitchen store in TN.
    False
    kitchen store- or maybe even a craft store
    False
    Kitchen store?
    False
    We have several here. They sell kitchen utensils/items, coffees, spices, etc.
    False
    Look at Walmart and Target, I got mine close to where they display the chip and dip dishes.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    I haven't seen them in stores lately...Maybe when spring / summer comes. The country store on this site sold them last year...but today, I checked and they don't sell them there...The kitchen store where I got mine, I checked their web site and they do not list them any longer...They are cute...but any clear glass bowl ...trifle bowl would work...even check ebay..

they are more narrow on the bottom and a little wider on top...with a metal handle with a wooden piece where you would grip the handle...

If you don't find one...just find a nice deeper , clear glass bowl and your desserts would look fine..

Good Luck
    False
    Mine isn't a bucket. It is a glass bowl on a pedestal. I got it at Garden Ridge, which is a craft store. Good luck finding one.

Darlene
    False
    My mom's garage! LOL!!!
    We sold them at our store and have about a gazillion left!

deb
    False
    I found my trifle dish at walmart.
    False
    A trifle is generally served in a trifle dish which consists of a glass bowl on a pedestal .

You can buy them just about anywhere that sells kitchen supplies from Crate and Barrel to outlet stores to Kmart where I bought one from Kmart's Martha Stewart line.
    Alliea
    False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Taste of Home has a "Country Store" and they used to have one. Go to the home page and click on "shop" at the top. It would be next to your name, "Welcome ....". If they don't have it, I got a trifle bowl in Walmart, its clear plastic not glass. Also, I do have a small crystal glass ice-bucket if I wanted a "bucket" style. How about looking for ice buckets and see if you can find one that would work. They usually have handles on them and I think would work just fine.

Tropigal
    False
    Thank you. I have seen the trifle bowls everywhere, I just wanted one of the glass buckets for the look and originality. Thank you all for your replies, I will keep looking. Are they called glass buckets?
    False
    I got my trifle dish at Wal-Mart and bucket with the handle at Target
    False
    --Katie "You block your dreams when you allow your fear to grow bigger then your faith""
    I got mine last week at Walmart $6.47

Kate
    False