Quick, Easy Sports Night Suppers | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Quick, Easy Sports Night Suppers

Last post Apr 19, 2007 5:10 PM by Mom3boys__Missouri . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Quick, Easy Sports Night Suppers
    Now that spring has rolled around, my kids are involved in after school sports. Does anyone have any good ideas on quick, easy meals besides the normal hot dogs, mac and cheese nights? I prefer not to be a box cook and make a good supper but am running out of different ideas. I am in a rut. Please help!!!! Thank you.
    False
    Ms Yvonne
  • RE: Quick, Easy Sports Night Suppers
    This is very easy and you can whip it up in about 20-30 minutes. No cooking the macaroni separately.

Glorified American Chop Suey

1 pound ground beef
    1 cup chopped onion
    S and P to taste
    1 can 14 1/2 oz)diced tomatoes with garlic and onion undrained (I use tomato with jalopeno)
    1 cup water
    1 cup UNCOOKED elbow macaroni
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use 1 1/2 to 2 cups)
    Sliced green onions and sour cream (opt)

Brown meat and oinion, dran. Season with s and p. Add tomatoes and water, bring to boil. Stir in macaroni. Cover, lower heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until macaroni is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Garnish if using onions and sour cream.

4 servings.

This is really easy and simpler because you don't have to cook the macaroni separately.

Barb
    False
    Bump
    False
    You can fix turkey wraps during the day & chill them till it's time for dinner. Serve with salad or fruit.

You can make sloppy joes before the game & keep them on low in the crockpot. Ditto taco meat for tacos, burritos or taco salad, or meatballs in sauce for meatball subs. Serve with veggies & ranch dip.

Kielbasa & kraut in the crockpot~IF your kids will eat it! Mine won't! LOL! Serve with instant mashed potatoes & applesauce.

Reubens, ham & swiss or turkey melts in the George Forman, or whatever grilled sandwiches your family likes.

BBQ pork or chicken or beef in the crockpot for sandwiches.

For a splurge, my Shrimp Destin sandwiches are very quick if you peel the shrimp ahead. (Recipe in search)

Spaghetti sauce in the crock, then just cook the pasta after the game. Bread & salad and call it a day!
    ;)
    Ellen

P.S. Can you tell we have 3 boys?!?! LOL!

False