How do make a whipped cream frosting | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do make a whipped cream frosting

Last post May 03, 2007 3:46 PM by bingoqueen63 . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • How do make a whipped cream frosting
    I am making the Lovely cherry layer cake from the back of april/may 04 TOH. I had this cake a local bakery and they used more of a whipped cream type frosting. The recipe calls for a Short./butter cream but we really enjoyed the lighter whipped on.

How do you make that and how does it stand up?

Thanks
    Jessi
    False
  • RE: How do make a whipped cream frosting
    I'm not sure if this is what you meant by Short./butter cream, but it makes a very light frosting and keeps well.

Whipped Cream Frosting

2/3 cups vegetable shortening (Crisco preferred)
    1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
    1 pound confectioner's sugar, sifted
    1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 teaspoon clear vanilla

Cream shortening and butter until light. Slowly beat in confectioner's sugar until well blended. Slowly beat in cream and vanilla. Beat 5 minutes on high speed, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Will keep for weeks in the refrigerator.
    False
    Here is another one that tastes wonderful on almost any cake. We like it especially on lemon or almond pound cakes. If desired, you may substitute regular cream cheese, but the mascarpone seems lighter and tastes better in my opinion. Either one holds up well in this frosting as long as it is kept refrigerated.

Whipped Cream/Mascarpone Frosting

1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
    8 ounces mascarpone cheese
    1 cup white sugar
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
    In a large bowl combine mascarpone, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until well blended and smooth. Gently fold in whipped cream. Spread on cooled cake.
    False
    Jesse now that you have the frosting could you share the recipe for cherry cake that you are making? I would love to have the recipe please. Thank you.
    Barb
    False
    There's a whipped cream cream cheese frosting recipe at Allrecipes.com that's to die for. It stands up very well for several days. I've used it as a frosting as well as a filling many times, and everyone loves it. The texture is much lighter than a traditional cream cheese frosting, and the cream cheese seems to stabilize the whipped cream.
    False
    False
    Is this the Lovely Cherry Layer Cake recipe????

Go to this post and see a picture of this lovely cake--Yummy!!!

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=335512&catnum=

Sassygrits
    False
    here is the link to the cake. It is a cannoli cake.

http://recipes.tasteofhome.com/eRMS/recp.aspx?recid=22801

Thanks everyone for replying!!!

False
    This is the whipped frosting that I use on my Red Velvet Cake...it is my favorite and not too sweet!

Whipped Frosting

3 tablespoons flour
    1 cup milk
    1 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup butter (must be butter)

In a medium saucepan, add milk to flour slowly, avoiding lumps. Cook flour and milk until very thick, stirring constantly. Cool completely. Cream sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add to cooked mixture. Beat on high speed until very fluffy, about 5 minutes. Looks and tastes like whipped cream.
    False
    The recipe posted by baker12 is drop dead yummy! Just remember to whip it for a long time. I think my recipe actually calls for longer whipping. The long whipping is the secret.

Here's another yummy recipe.

EASY CREAM FROSTING

1 cup whipping cream
    8 oz. sour cream
    1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
    1 t. vanilla

Combine all together and beat on medium speed to soft peaks. Use as filling/frosting. I like it on pound cake, cut horizontally into thirds. Use it as a filling between layers, then on the top only (not the sides). Top with fresh raspberries, if you have them. Store in the refrigerator.
    False

Hi Jessi:
    I make cakes all the time, and the frosting that is most requested is the "Whipped Cream Frosting." Hope you like it:

1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
    1/2 cup Crisco (solid white)
    1 cup granulated sugar
    3 TBS flour
    2/3 cup lukewarm milk
    1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter,crisco, and sugar together in mixer. Mix well for about 10 minutes. Add flour, milk, and vanilla. Beat for 10 minutes more or until fluffy and creamy. The longer you beat it, the better it is. When done, frosting should be smooth, not grainy. Enjoy!

Thanks and God bless.

Marti
    False
    Marti (mamamarti)
    Hi Jessi,
    If i am posting a recipe you already have ,please excuse me, as i did not check all the responses. This is a great mock whipped cream frosing. Nice texture, doesnt weep and sooo good. Usually I double the recipe for a two layer cake
    Enjoy
    Nadine

Mock Whipped Cream Frosting
    1 c milk
    5 tbsp flour
    1/2 c butter, softened
    1/2 c shortening
    1 c sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    Cook milk and flour in saucepan until thick (it will get really gummy). Cover and refrigerate. Beat rest of ingredients; add chilled mixture and beat 10 minutes.
    False
    The one motherchic posted is my very favorite frosting.
    False
    Here is a cool-whip frosting made with instant pudding that is pretty good.

Smooth 'n Creamy Frosting

1 pkg (4 serving size) Jello vanilla or chocolate instant pudding mix
    1/4 cup confectioners sugar
    1 cup cold milk
    1 (8 oz.) container Cool-Whip, thawed

Combine pudding mix, sugar, and milk in small bowl. Beat slowly with rotary beater at lowest speed of an electric mixer until well blended, about 1 minute. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread on cake at once. Makes about 4 cups or enough for 2 (9 in.) layers.

Margaret

False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.
    Bump for Leisa (hummerberb)

False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.