School cinnamon rolls? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

School cinnamon rolls?

Last post May 04, 2007 2:12 PM by dutchmom4MI . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • School cinnamon rolls?
    Hi everyone, I just joined and I am desperate to find a recipe. I remember the school cinnamon rolls that they served in the Denver Colorado area. When ever they baked them, I could never get enough and hardly ever could get their in time when they served them - they would always be gone. They were so good and nothing I have found in the stores or pasties shops come close. Does any one of you people no or remember what I am talking about? If you do, please direct me or give us the recipe.
    False
  • RE: School cinnamon rolls?
    Thanks for the recipe Star. I added this to my to try list.

Debbie
    False
    Thanks for the recipe and I will try it for sure. The rolls I remember were tall and large, the size of saucer plate. They also were so soft and had a gooey center - I guess the glaze helped. Heaven, just pure heaven. I and the other students couldn‘t ever figure out why the school bakers wouldn‘t make more - since there was such a huge demand.
    False
    I sure hope you find the recipe you are looking for. I've been looking and trying recipes for years for rolls like we used to have in school. Wow, were they good????????I haven't found a recipe yet that was anything like the rolls we had in school.
    False
    Don't know what state you are in, but I am the baker at an elementary school.

This is our roll dough recipe (cut down to family-sized measurements):

2 Cups water
    2 Tbls yeast
    2 Tsp salt
    1/2 Cup sugar
    1/3 Cup margarine or shortening
    6 to 6 1/2 Cups flour

Have water hot in mixing bowl. Add margarine or shortening and mix until melted.

Mix all dry ingredients together and dump into liquid. Mix until dough is smooth and elastic. Let rise until doubled.

Stopped using eggs in our recipe and found the dough to be much easier to handle.

We use this same recipe for our cinnamon rolls. I don't measure too exactly on stuff. Guess I've gotten to the point of knowing how it is supposed to look and feel.

Good luck.
    False
    Well, that is old age for you. You can't hear sounds that everyone else can hear and you can hear sounds that no one else can hear. Not really a bit problem until you begin to hear voices that no one else hears.
    We had rolls like that when I was in school. They were the best. We also couldn't figure out why they didn't make double the amount so that they could make loads of money from them.
    Good luck on your search.

Gail
    False
    Have you tried making Linda Chicken's recipe?
    They are delicious & easy.
    I am yeast challenged & they turned out fine!
    Marie
    False
    False