ISO - Electric Fry Pan Recipes... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO - Electric Fry Pan Recipes...

Last post Jan 02, 2009 9:39 PM by jaysbamnj . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • ISO - Electric Fry Pan Recipes...
    Not sure if there are so called recipes but I'd thought I'd ask anyway since the pans heat turns on and off........I love the pan and mostly use it for breakfast on the weekends and little things here and there......hoping someone might have some info...
    False
    Life is a journey, choose your path wisely, Leslie
  • RE: ISO - Electric Fry Pan Recipes...
    we make fryed chicken in it and then let it cook. It stays moist and succelent.

You can deep fry in it.

I would think you could adapt a lot of things to it that you would normally fry on the stove top.Like frying eggs, hashbrowns,steak, bacon, fryed potatoesetc.Or even when you need an extra hot pan when the stove is full or when you need an extra burner.

Didn't it comes with a recipe book?
    False
    This site has 26 recipes LeeLee.

Electric Skillet Recipes
    False
    ...thanks jenni
    False
    Life is a journey, choose your path wisely, Leslie
    Fried Cinnamon Strips

1 cup sugar
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
    10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
    cooking oil

In a large resealable bag, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. Cut tortillas into 3" by 2" strips. Heat 1 inch of oil in a skillet or electric fry pan to 375º, fry 4-5 strips at a time for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. While still warm, place strips in the bag with sugar mixture; shake gently to coat. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Makes 5 dozen.

False
    False

I, also, fry chicken and chicken livers in it as it maintains the heat so well.

Skillet Swiss Steak

1-1/2 to 2 lbs round steak, tenderized
    flour
    salt
    pepper
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    2 green peppers, ringed
    1 large onion, ringed
    1-2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 can mushrooms, optional
    thyme
    basil
    oregano, all to taste
    1/2 cup red wine, optional, but ooohh so good

Cut round steak in serving size pieces. Dredge in flour with seasonings.

Brown on both sides in some canola oil.

Place onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and wine over steak.

Put on low, 200-225. Just be for sure it keeps simmering nicely and cook until steak is tender. Usually 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes and put the sauce over the potatoes.

Kathy

False
    I have made homemade from scratch biscuits in my elec skillet more times than I can count, you know the from scratch kind, mixing, cutting them out and putting just like you would in a regular baking pan, but instead I used extra shortening in my skillet and kept it on low with the vents closed so it would steam those biscuits. Then I would turn them real easy, real easy, hehe, and man I tell you those were the best eating. After I had made my elec skillet biscuits I would make some reg. milk or sausage gravy in that skillet and reheat the biscuits in the microwave a bit. I did not have a reg. oven or stove top stove at the time, did this for over a year. Amazing what a person can make and make do with when they have too. Just passing on to you what I did with my elec. skillet, wore it out. Connie
    False
    Hi LeeLee, did you get your books ok? Got mine but haven't got a chance to read them yet except for the jello one. I've used it twice. I Loooooove jello.
    False
    SWISS STEAK

round steak, pounded and cut into serving size pieces
    flour
    1 pkg. onion soup (w/mushrooms optional)
    shortening

After trimming fat and cutting into serving size pieces, I simply pound
    the meat on both sides until tender and dredge in flour. In electric skillet, heat shortening until melted and hot. Add floured meat and brown well on both sides, removing browned pieces and adding more until all meat is browned. Remove meat from pan and drain grease. Add meat back to the pan and add one package of dry onion soup mix (with or without mushrooms). Add water to cover.

Simmer, covered, 2-3 hours or longer; the longer the better! Add water if necessary during cooking. The soup and water will thicken as it cooks and no thickening will be necessary.

It's easy, it's really good, and no tomatoes! LOL....

~~susie.
    False

I use my electric frypan more than I use the top of the stove-it works for anything-there is a cookbook I saw on the Presto site for electric frypan favorites, but you really don't need the book. Also, West Bend might have recipes on their site as they have a great little recipe book that comes with their skillets.
    At the present time I am not able to get to my frypan recipe book, but think you just need to experiment and enjoy it. French toast is the best and we have even heated up a frozen pizza in mine. Marie
    False
    bump for catwoman12
    False

False

• Re: RE: ISO - Electric Fry Pan Recipes...

bump for Kathie

False

• Re: RE: ISO - Electric Fry Pan Recipes...

Thank you so much Vicki. I will try these.

Kathie

False