Help needed with Miracle Maid Cookware | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help needed with Miracle Maid Cookware

Last post Sep 02, 2014 5:05 PM by julieannw . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Help needed with Miracle Maid Cookware
    I just bought a set of the black miracle maid cookware at a garage sale. The outside of them is black but dull and oxidized. Insides are great. Can anyone help me to clean this off. Have tried vinegar and baking soda but no help. They may be ruined in looks but still cook well. Any ideas? Thanks
    False
  • RE: Help needed with Miracle Maid Cookware
    bump
    False

Try Bar Keepers Friend. (plus, bumping for more ideas)

False

I am not sure but two things I do when I am trying to clean a stubborn stain on my cookware are:

1. Rub a cut lemon on the cookware then sprinkle with a lot of salt then use the lemon to scrub the salt.

2. Oxy clean. Fill sink with hot water dissolve the oxy clean in the water then soak the pots in there.

Good luck

Sue
    False
    My mom bought a set of this cookware when I was still in high school (I'm 46 now) and she's STILL using it! It came with a lifetime warranty, and at one point, they ended up replacing a pan for her - but other than that, it still looks like brand new (the finish is supposed to be a dull black though - it's not supposed to have any kind of a sheen to it).

It was made by West Bend (as long as it doesn't have wooden handles), but they've discontinued that line now. They DO have a "helpline" that you might want to call, they should be able to help you. You may want to read some of the Q's & A's on their website as well. Here it is:

http://www.westbendcookware.com/en_pages/faq.html

Contact Information

Cookware Consumer Service Dept.
    1100 Schmidt Rd.
    West Bend, WI 53090
    Phone: 262-626-8623
    Fax: 262-626-8532
    E-mail: info@westbendcookware.com

Hours: 7 AM to 3:30 PM Central Time

False
    Wow--thanks everyone for your help. I will try all of those suggestions!!I alway know you can count on the BB for good answers!!
    False
    I think you will enjoy these pans. I also have several of them. I have had a starter set since 1971 and they still look pretty good. The interior of the oldest pans look more like silver than black after years of use.
    False
  • Re: Help needed with Miracle Maid Cookware

I used to sell Miracle maid cookware. clean the annodized aluminum (the outside part) with a  scotch brite pad with comet. (dcouring powder). clean the inside with stainless steel chore boy or similar product. the more you clean the outside the better it will repel stains and look  better. It doesn't shine.Ive been using mine for over 37 years and it's still working well.

False
  • Re: RE: Help needed with Miracle Maid Cookware

We purchased Miracle Maid as a newly-wed couple in 1975.  They look great and we even have extra pieces such as the three saute pans and the big electric pan.

Since I saw the posts here, I want to offer my set for sale to a new "good home" of cooks who like the waterless cooking and needs oldies but good pots and pans.

As to cleaning them, we have always washed them by hand using various dish soaps and have great results.  Hot soapy water does the trick for us.

False

b39747

I used to sell Miracle maid cookware. clean the annodized aluminum (the outside part) with a  scotch brite pad with comet. (dcouring powder). clean the inside with stainless steel chore boy or similar product. the more you clean the outside the better it will repel stains and look  better. It doesn't shine.Ive been using mine for over 37 years and it's still working well.

I don't have Miracle Maid but older anodized (inside and outside) commercial Calphalon. The instructions for cleaning were: DO  NOT  USE  harsh cleaners such as Comet or Ajax but use only Bon-Ami or Bab-O. The latter two are much milder and not as coarse and abrasive. . NEVER use Barkeepers friend, it is made to clean stainless steel and has something like sulphuric acid in it. (You can smeel  the sulphur/acid)

Also, DO NOT put anodized aluminum pots/pans into the dishwasher, it will ruin the finish. I wash my anodized aluminum by hand and they arestill like new after 16 yrs of almost daily use.

Use Bon-Ami or Bab-o and a soft nylon scrub pad. If somthing does stick, fill with water, heat the water and let soak for a while.

False

I sold Miracle Maid cookware in Oklahoma in 1974 and 1975. Roger Lee Kimes was my District manager. West Bend then transfered us to Illinois. I had a lot of fun and made good money. I even won trips to the Bahamas and Hawaii. Needless to say I am somewhat of an expert on the subject. To properly clean the anodized finish, use comet and a Scotchbrite both inside and out and never put in the dishwasher. If you give up, send to West Bend and receive an awesome set of stainless steel liquid core cookware.

To make the meatloaf, use a tube of saltine crackers(crushed), dried onions, tomato paste and 2 eggs.

False

jccandl

I sold Miracle Maid cookware in Oklahoma in 1974 and 1975. Roger Lee Kimes was my District manager. West Bend then transfered us to Illinois. I had a lot of fun and made good money. I even won trips to the Bahamas and Hawaii. Needless to say I am somewhat of an expert on the subject. To properly clean the anodized finish, use comet and a Scotchbrite both inside and out and never put in the dishwasher. If you give up, send to West Bend and receive an awesome set of stainless steel liquid core cookware.

To make the meatloaf, use a tube of saltine crackers(crushed), dried onions, tomato paste and 2 eggs.

My mother in law passed away a year ago and we "interited" her cookware.  These are in excellent condition, just need a little cleaning.. however, the handles need replaced on some of the skillets (she had a gas stove so I guess the flame got to the part of the handle that was attached to the pan).  Do you know how we can get some replacement handles?

Michelle Morrison, .. please email me at mrsnone@mchsi.com

Thanks!

False
  • Re: RE: Help needed with Miracle Maid Cookware

Let me know if your set is still for sale.  I am guessing you've probably sold it by now.  But I am looking for a set to add to my kitchen!  :)

Thanks!

False

Hey, my husband and I sold and demonstrated the cookware. Here's the keys. On the outside, black part. Use a DRY green scotch brite and comet, just buff it until it is nice and even in color. If you have whitish blotches it is possible that the finish is stained from the dish washer detergents. Try my method, my set is 31 years old.

On the inside, use a sponge ring out all the water, and make a paste with comet. Always clean in a circle. It will brighten the sheen. and if there are hot rainbow spots, use vinegar and then clean. Always wash with dish soap after to remove any of the cleanser residue.

If you a have the black inside skillets or any bakeware, clean the like the outside. I do spray mine with pam when cooking, but have a couple that are season from age, I can cook anything in them.  You can't find this quality anywhere that we have found yet.

The new items have oil inside the pan and eventually they will leak are the seam on the bottom. I got these because we dont' want to eat teflon.

You do know they are waterless. Does not mean you use no water, but very little. simpll\y rinse veggies, drain, and

put the lid on, set to med high,and soon as the lid rattles, put on low and let it cook about fifteen min or so. I you are nervous at first, leave just about 1/2 inch of water. You'll quickly get the hang of it, don't open and break the seal for fifteen minutes. hope this helps.

False

I have a small set of the black miracle maid cookware that was my mothers. I love it but I had a good friend over for dinner and she had a fit that I was using these because that are aluminum. She said aluminum was bad for your health and she later that week gave me a new set of stainless steel cookware. I have yet to use it. I did try to get online and look up about her claim, it unfounded. There is some correlation between aluminum and alzheimer's but can't prove that it is enough absorption for an aluminum pan. There still current studies being done. I swear..everything is bad for you. So i'll try the new stainless cookware and see if I like it. If I  do I will get rid of my miracle maid cookware, if not back to the old miracle maid.

False