Bridal Shower---Help! Great tasting chicken salad sandwich recipe need for a crowd | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Bridal Shower---Help! Great tasting chicken salad sandwich recipe need for a crowd

Last post May 18, 2013 8:27 AM by Alliea . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • Bridal Shower---Help! Great tasting chicken salad sandwich recipe need for a crowd
    I'm looking for a great tasting chicken salad recipe that we'll be serving on croissants. Anybody have a good one for me?
    False
  • RE: Bridal Shower---Help! Great tasting chicken salad sandwich recipe need for a crowd
    ...bump...
    False
  • RE: Bridal Shower---Help! Great tasting chicken salad sandwich recipe need for a crowd
    CHICKEN SALAD

1 (12 1/2 oz.) can chicken OR 2 c. cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
    1 c. mayonnaise
    1 c. celery, chopped fine
    1/4 tsp. dried thyme
    1/4 tsp. dried basil
    1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
    1/2 tsp. mustard powder
    Ground cracked pepper to taste
    Salt to taste

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate 1 hour to allow herbs to congeal. Makes eight 1/2 cup servings.

This can easly be tripled
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    Aunt Shirley's Chicken Salad

12 c. cubed cooked chicken breast*
    4 c. celery, chopped (=1 whole stalk)
    1 c. (~18)green onions, chopped
    1 c. (= 2 cans) water chestnuts, chopped
    2 c. seedless grapes
    4 c. slivered almonds
    1 c. mayonnaise
    1/2 c. sour cream
    potato chips, crushed

*Boil chicken in water flavored with bouillon cubes, celery tops, and green onion tops.
    The night before serving, combine chicken and vegetables in a LARGE bowl. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream to make dressing. It shouldn't be thick, so add a dash of milk if needed. Stir dressing into chicken mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, top with crushed potato chips.

This is what my "Aunt" Shirley served at my bridal shower. It was delicious!
    False
    The absolute best and easiest chicken salad:

Boil your chicken breast and cool. Put in food processor. Then process celery and pecans separately. Mix all together with mayo (not Miracle Whip). Add salt and pepper as desired.

No measurements given as I just mix to taste.

I have served this as sandwiches on regular bread, party bread and also on small cream puffs. Always a big hit!
    False
    Treasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other.
    mimib_TX, I like the idea of your chicken salad served on little cream puffs!
    sallychai
    False
    RE: ISO: Special Chicken Salad Recipe
    Posted by: MissEllie Posted on: 10/19/2005 11:56:56 AM
    #R6579856
    This chicken salad was wonderful! I think it was originally posted by OKBoomerSooner. We served it to a ladies' group along with a hot roll and a california blend casserole. They all loved it. I made a few modifications, listed below.

=========
    This salad always gets rave reviews. It is a recipe that is used in some really great tea rooms. The whipped cream and lemon juice cut the heavy mayo taste.

CHICKEN SALAD SUPREME

3-4 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
    1 c. chopped celery
    1 c. halved, white grapes
    ½ c. sliced or slivered almonds
    2 t. chopped parsley
    Place all ingredients in bowl.

DRESSING:
    ½ c. whipping cream, whipped well
    Blend in: 1 c. mayonnaise
    2 T. lemon juice
    1 t. salt
    Toss gently with chicken mixture. Serve as salad or as sandwich on a croissant.
    Note [original poster]: You may not need all of the dressing because you don’t want the chicken too “wet”. I have made this salad for up to 100 people for luncheons.

[My notes: We used white and red seedless grapes in this, and walnuts instead of the almonds. I stirred a little spoonful of Dijon mustard into the dressing, too.]

Sassygrits

False
    Chicken Salad Sandwiches

From Taste of Home

Crisp cukes give a refreshing twist to the traditional in this recipe from Anna Mowan of Spencerville, Indiana. "I like to set out the filling with a tray of assorted breads and pita pockets to let family or friends fix their own sandwiches," she suggests.

2 cups diced cooked chicken

1 celery rib, diced

2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped

1 small cucumber, diced

1/3 cup mayonnaise

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground mustard

1/8 teaspoon white pepper

Bread or pita bread

SERVINGS 4-6

In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Serve on bread or in pita bread.

False
    This is my daughter's recipe for chicken salad. It always gets raves.
    I'm not sure how much it makes, but it can easily be doubled or tripled.

Julie's Chicken Salad

4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
    1/4 medium onion, diced
    2 boiled eggs, chopped
    1 (6 oz.?) can tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
    1-2 avocados, chopped
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Mix all ingredients together and blend with enough dressing to moisten
    *(Half mayonnaise and half Miracle Whip)
    False
    I make this one all the time...it's the best!!
    Kim

Honey Chicken Salad

4 cups chopped cooked chicken (*I cooked mine in the oven with some salt and pepper and cubed)
    3 celery ribs, diced
    1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
    1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
    1 1/2 cups mayo
    1/3 cup orange-blossom honey (*I use regular honey)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    garnish: chopped toasted pecans

Stir together first 4 ingredients.
    Whisk together mayo and next 3 ingredients. Add to chicken mixture, stirring gently until combined. Makes 4 servings.
    False

This is really good.

: Redraspberrygirl Posted on: 9/26/2004 12:16:54 PM
    #R4448687
    * Exported from MasterCook *

Colorful Chicken Croissants

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Sandwiches

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
    1/4 cup diced celery
    1/4 cup golden raisins
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    1/4 cup sliced almonds
    3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
    2 tablespoons chopped red onion
    1/4 teaspoon salt -- optional
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    4 croissants -- split

In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each croissant.

(I ususally add some red grapes, cut in half, to this recipe.)
    False
    Thank you so much everyone. I have some terrific sounding recipes to try. Thank you, thank you!
    False
    We make our chicken salad just like mimib_TX with one change. We use half sour cream and half Hellman's mayo.
    My mother always served it in cream puffs. If you've never tried it like that...you must:)

deb
    False
    bump
    False
    I usually buy a good chicken from GFS, Sams or the deli and add halved grapes and pecans to it. This is good on crossants or as a main dish with crackers. Every time I used it I get asked for the recipe. I laugh and say that it is soooo hard tht you don't even want it (LOL). If they persisit I tell them how I make. I have taken this to funerals, potlucks and parties. It is a hit everytime.
    Rita
    False