Which steak is the tastiest, tenderest and best all round? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Which steak is the tastiest, tenderest and best all round?

Last post Nov 14, 2010 1:35 PM by SMHormann . 26 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 12
  • Which steak is the tastiest, tenderest and best all round?
    I cannot for the life of me select and cook a good steak. But I am determined to master it this summer! But I need some help.....delmonico, porterhouse, strip, ribeye, t-bone???? Please give me any tips and suggestions you might have....

Thank you....Kim
    False
  • RE: Which steak is the tastiest, tenderest and best all round?
    Ribeye gets my vote! Over charcoal or gas, medium rare, just salt and pepper for spice.....yum! Just did them tonight along with some grilled fresh shrimp! Just a salad to go along with it and we were in heaven!

~~susie.

p.s...when grilling, turn the steaks only once...you can check the doneness with a knife after turning over. And don't forget that they continue to cook after being removed from the grill!
    False

t-bone or fillet mignon. Shoot, there is one bit cheaper cut that is excellent that doesn't need to be marinated. If it is a type like sirloin and you want to BBQ it, marinate it for 24 hours. Don't overcook your steaks, then they become tough. When finished cooking, they will continue to cook for another 2 minutes in the plate, so if you want a bit of pink in them, leave a bit more pink then you would want, they will continue cooking. Also, do not pierce them while cooking if at all possible. The steaks with fat are actually more tender, do not cut off the fat until after you are done cooking, as this keeps it tender.

Did you know the cuts of beef are often called somthing different in the US then in Canada, so even if I remembered the name of one of our favorite steaks, you may not recognize the name anyhow.
    False
    I vote for the ribeye too. There's enough marbling in them to keep them tender and juicy.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Ribeye is our favorite too!
    False
    Ribeye is our favorite too! While hubby grills them with just salt and pepper, I put a skillet on the stove with 2 tbls. extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbls. butter, sliced onion (medium) and 1-2 tbls. minced garlic and cook about 10-15 minutes on medium. Pour over ribeyes! YUMMY!
    False

Kathy

Just like susie and John,ribeye with salt,pepper and garlic powder.MMMMM Depo!!!
    False
    Ribeye gets our vote also. Try this marinade. It's wonderful. Carol

Subject: Rec.Rev. Marinated Rib Eyes - a gem apparently lost in the purge.........
    Posted by: KC10 Replies: 20 Posted on: 5/10/2005 1:53:13 PM
    #T514488

Thanks, PatPitter, for sharing this wonderful recipe!! On 5/24/03, she posted:

Marinated Rib Eyes
    Serves 2
    TOH Grilling Recipes Collection, 2003

1/3 c. hot water
    3 Tb. finely chopped onion
    2 Tb. cider OR red wine vinegar
    2 Tb. olive OR vegetable
    2 Tb. soy sauce
    1 tsp. beef bouillon granules
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/2 tsp. paprika
    1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
    2 beef rib eye steaks (about 1" thick and 12 oz. each)

In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Remove 1/2 c. marinade and refrigerate. Pierce steaks several times on both sides with a fork; place in a glass dish. Pour remaining marinade over steaks; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight**. Remove steaks, discarding marinade.

Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Warm reserved marinade, serve with steaks.

Pat said in her review : "I didn't reserve any of the marinade to serve with my steak. I used my FoodSaver square canister to marinate the steaks in just a couple of hours instead of overnight. Very tasty and tender."

Kay says: I did marinate my steaks overnight. I doubled the recipe for 4 steaks and though I did reserve and heat some of the marinade, nobody used it!! The steaks were absolutely perfect and didn't need anything to enhance the flavor!! Also, I chose to use the red wine vinegar (red meat) and olive oil (it's healthier for you)!! I will definitely be using this marinade again. Fact is, I've got a couple of buffalo steaks I want to try it on soon!!

Enjoy!!

Kay
    ** I've marinated the steaks as much as 48 hours. Carol
    False

Carol

bump
    False
    New York strip or T-bones to put on the grill. Love them both.
    False
    My dad was a butcher...Ribeye!
    False
    We like beef tenderloin the best done on gas or charcoal. Next would be ribeye, then N.Y. strip, then sirloin, then delmontico, then porterhouse, then, t-bone. I think it`s amazing how each steak has it`s oun taste. Even from the same stear. Don`t you? Bud
    False
    New York Strip!!!
    False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast
    ribeye
    False
    While rib eyes are the most tender, we like the flavor of New York Strips. We sprinkle them liberally with seasoned salt and seasoned pepper, and grill. Everyone who eats my husband's steaks, think they are the best ever. We like to get them thick and divide into portions to serve a lot of people.
    False
    Photobucket