What would you serve with shish-kabobs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What would you serve with shish-kabobs?

Last post Jun 11, 2007 9:45 AM by bessiejean . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • What would you serve with shish-kabobs?
    My brother and his wife are having the whole family at their house on Sunday night. They are grilling the kabobs and the rest of us are furnishing the rest of the meal. We don't want anything too heavy so help me out please :)
    False
  • RE: What would you serve with shish-kabobs?
    I usually have rice with shish-kabobs as a side dish.

False
    This pilaf iss a must with shishkabob. It's easy and delicious. You don't need anything more but the meat and the peppers, onions, tomatoes and maybe mushrooms that were cooked on the skewers. I always do my vegeables separately because they cook in different time frames.

A Greek salad and pita bread round out the meal. You must try to find large sized pitas, cut them in half and serve the kabobs, vegetables and pilaf in the bread.

This is one great, easy rice recipe. Anytime you want to dress up a meal this is it. Given to me by an Armenian friend, along with her recipe for Shish Kabob

Armenian Rice Pilaf

1 cup rice
    1 can chicken broth
    1/2 stick butter
    Good=sized handful of fine noodles (if you can't find them, use broken vermiclli or some fine pasta)
    About a hour before serving, brown the noodles in butter over medium heat. Watch carefully because they burn quickly. When browned, remove from burner and add the rice. This give the rice time to absorb the butter.
    Return saucepan to stove and add the chicken broth and bring to boil. Lower heat and cook as usual.

Barb Some people add onions when browning the noodles, but I prefer it without.

Yum, yum is all I can say.

False
    I would make a batch of oven roasted baby potatoes and a nice crisp green salad
    False