TSR Starbucks Lemon Loaf | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

TSR Starbucks Lemon Loaf

Last post Aug 30, 2007 11:52 AM by neelycharmed . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • TSR Starbucks Lemon Loaf
    Top Secret Recipes version of Starbucks Lemon Loaf

By Todd Wilbur

It would take quite a bit of real lemon juice to give this moist cake loaf clone the perfect lemony tang of the original. Plus, the batter ends up much too thin and the cake that comes out of the oven has a much lighter, less dense, consistency than the coffeehouse original. So, to avoid producing a batter that’s too runny, we must turn to lemon extract that can be found near vanilla extract in your supermarket. This concentrated lemon flavoring works well with real lemon juice to give us the intense lemon flavor we need. Plus this extract adds just the right amount of lemon goodness to the icing without thinning it out.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 eggs
    1 cup granulated sugar
    2 tablespoons butter, softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon lemon extract
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    Lemon Icing
    1 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
    2 tablespoons whole milk
    1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.

3. Use an electric mixer to blend together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.

4. Pour wet ingredient into dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and mix well.

5. Pour ingredients into a well-greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the center of the cake comes out clean.

6. Make the lemon icing by combining ingredients in a small bowl with electric mixer on low speed. When the lemon loaf is cool, remove it from the pan and frost the top with the lemon icing. When the icing has set up, slice the loaf into eight 1-inch-thick slices.

Makes 8 slices.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

• RE: TSR Starbucks Lemon Loaf

False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/
    WOW!!! I've been looking for this recipe for years! Have done search after search and either missed this one or it's new for Todd. I LOVE Starbuck's lemon loaf and also the marble loaf. Was thinking about having some this a.m. - a new Starbucks just opened about a half a block from where I work! Thank you so much, if I try it I'll be sure and do a review.

Emily
    False
    Emily
    Thank you for posting these every week I look forward to them .I miss being able to copy and paste them.I try and save them all of his recipes.I have over 400 in my file now.SO if there is any your looking for just let me know and ill see if i have it.
    False
    You're welcome Emily and luvtocook2002!
    Thank you too luvtocook for the offer.

_FOOTSIE post this here awhile back.
    I've been using her way to C&P his recipes ever since.
    _FOOTSIE has been also posting them too here. Usually if I don't see her post, I'll post it.

RE: TSR's Free Recipes......HA! I knew there was a way!
    Posted by: _FOOTSIE Posted on: 4/9/2007 6:45:10 AM
    #R8948661
    Ok, now, not having my printer hooked up all the time i'm probably having to take a step yall won't have to do but it doesn't really make that big a difference. What worked the first time didn't the second time.

When you to the tsr recipe, click the PRINT link.

Your default print window should open up and give you several options with regard to printer, pages, selection etc. Put a check in the box next to Print to File and then Print.

You might have to select microsoft office document image writer instead of print to file. Either one works.

If/When get a box pop up asking to name the file. Do so and click ok.

If you get the Save As box, name the file, save it to your desktop so you can find it.

Open the Image file.
    Under tools click send text to Microsoft word you'll probably get a window saying it needs to go to OCR first and it might take a while, just click ok.

MS Word will open and you'll have a copy of the recipe that you can edit, copy and paste.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

Bump for misskatie.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

Please keep bump for misskatie.
    False

Put On A Happy Face

:)