Ideas for old marshmallows? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Ideas for old marshmallows?

Last post Jun 14, 2007 7:30 AM by Katts_Oh . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Ideas for old marshmallows?
    When cleaning my cupboards - something I should do more often -I found 1 1/2 bags of large marshmallows from last year. Any ideas other than rice krispie treats?
    False
    Photobucket
  • RE: Ideas for old marshmallows?
    A big bonfire and a bunch of people to share them with!?

False
    Kids and slingshots?
    False
    Let's wait and see what Katie11 suggests!
    False
    Well, that is old age for you. You can't hear sounds that everyone else can hear and you can hear sounds that no one else can hear. Not really a bit problem until you begin to hear voices that no one else hears.
    We love them in hot cocoa. Wait for a cool night and sip hot cocoa outside.

Gail
    False
    How about cutting them up for an Ambrosia salad?
    1 large can crushed pineapple
    1 can mandarin oranges
    1 can fruit cocktail (I like to use tropical fruit cocktail)
    16 ounces sour cream
    1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
    2 cups miniature marshmallows
    1 cup whipping cream, whipped and seasoned to taste with sugar and vanilla.

Drain the fruit very well. Mix in the sour cream, coconut and marshmallows. Fold in the whipped cream.

This recipe is not set in stone. The ingredients can be adjusted by substitutions and amounts. I like to use LOTS of mandarin oranges, and sometimes use other fruits. Nuts or other items can be added.
    False
    Believe it or not my family is not a fan of Ambrosia Salad! It won't be cool enough for hot cocoa for a while (I hope!!!). Until I get a campfire and crowd any other ideas?
    False
    Photobucket
    I have found that old marshmallows in their bags go stale and aren't good for much. Even rice krispie treats taste bad with stale marshmallows.

If they are still fresh you could dip them in chocolate and roll them in sprinkles, nut, coconut, etc.
    False
    if they are stale throw them OUT!!!! If not, use for indoor smores, or roll in caramel ice cream topping or maple syrup and crushed cereal (like golden grahams or cinnamon toast crunch). Roll in honey and roll in toasted coconut. Have fun with it....

piggykins
    False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"
    You can also melt them over a hot baked cake, or mix them in the cake with some nuts and chocolate chips.
    Like a Rocky Road Cake.

Cherie - IN †
    False
    I had some that were to hard to use, except when I made a cake and needed to take with me, to keep the frosting off the foil I put them on top and removed them when I got to my destintion..frosing still on the cake and no mess..

Katts
    False