R & R~~ Foodguy's Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce~ I'm joining the 'Crowd"~ Awesome~ | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

R & R~~ Foodguy's Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce~ I'm joining the 'Crowd"~ Awesome~

Last post Oct 27, 2012 1:58 PM by az_jill . 40 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 123
  • R & R~~ Foodguy's Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce~ I'm joining the 'Crowd"~ Awesome~
    Now I can see why this recipe is such a "Hit"~ It is totally, totally awesome in every respect!~
    It's easy to prepare, thick and brillantly colored, smells divine and is extremely "Rich"~ Not Robust~ "Rich"~ with flavor~ This is by far the best homemade sauce I have ever made and believe my pots have seen many, many recipes~ Foodguy~ You have a "Winner" This is the ultimate spaghetti sauce and it's got a spot on my stove anytime~!~ Thanks so much for sharing. Janie~

Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce
    Posted by Foodguy( many, many reviews on this one~ all wonderful)
    Ingredients

1 tsp each,onion and garlic powder
    I used fresh garlic
    1 Tbs olive oil
    1 Tbs butter( yes I used it)
    6-oz can of tomato paste
    28-oz can of crushed tomatoes
    1/2 can of water from the 28-oz can
    1 Tbs brown sugar
    1 tsp beef or chicken base/granules
    ( used beef)
    1 tsp salt( did not use)
    Black pepper to taste
    2 tsp dried basil ( used fresh)
    1/4 cup parm cheese

Combine all ingredients and simmer for 1 hour( I covered mine)
    I added 1 peeled carrot to the pot. It is something I always do when I make fresh sauce. It keeps the acid level in check~
    False
  • RE: R & R~~ Foodguy's Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce~ I'm joining the 'Crowd
    Boy I've been hearing alot about this one.

Thanks Foodguy for the recipe and Janie for the reviews.

Nancy :-)
    False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero
  • RE: R & R~~ Foodguy's Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce~ I'm joining the 'Crowd
    Yes I too have seen several reviews on this one
    Food guy thank for the fantastic recipe and Janie for the wonderful review
    False
    You girls have got to try this recipe~ "Trust Me"~~

Nancy, I know you make homemade and I am sure very good Italian spaghetti sauce~`This is so very different~ it is Not sweet~

Linda and I think a few others added suasage or meat to theirs. I just wanted to try it as is the first time around. Janie~
    False
    This is on my to try list next time we have spag. Been a bit too hot here but when spaghetti squash comes in will use this sauce. Thanks for yet another good review.

Jill
    False
    Janie, you're right,awesome. This the best sauce......I've made it in my crockpot several times lately and it is sooooooo good. It's a keeper in my book. Anne
    False
    This is just my humble opinion, but I think what seperates the boys from the girls in this recipe is the spices~ Sometimes oregano,thyme and the common italian spice mix/blend can give off a harsh some what stale taste~ The basil keeps this recipe fresh, light and slightly delicate~ Janie

This recipe is all about tomatoes not spices~
    False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

Thanks Janie and foodguy again.G m to you.
    Rosie
    False

This sounds good. I happen to have the ingredients and it will be on my weekend menu. The tip about the carrot is a good idea. I didn't know this.
    Jenny
    False
    This is THE best sauce! Be sure to put this on the menu~
    Linda
    False

False
    Thanks for posting this review, printed it out!!!
    False
    I've made this a couple of times and will make it many more times - it's so good!!! I like to keep some in the freezer and I make it just like the recipe and then if I want meat in it I add it when I thaw the sauce- works great for me!!!

Thanks again, FoodGuy, this sure is a keeper!!!

hugs, pegg
    False

pegg

I am so happy that you folks like this sauce recipe. We had it again this week, and it really is sooooooooooo good.

I appreciate your very kind posts.

FG
    False
    will have to try this one since everyone is raving- thanks
    False