Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad VS. Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad VS. Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad

Last post Jul 06, 2007 12:32 PM by candykisses_Oklahoma . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad VS. Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad
    Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad VS. Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad

Scroll Down to See The Winner

Which drive-thru taco salad contains fewer calories?

Hopefully you've learned that all salads are not created equal. While salad can be very healthy, when filled with fresh greens and veggies and lightly tossed in dressing, salads today are monstrous in size and come with all kinds of calorie-laden additions: sour cream, large dressing servings, tortilla chips, fried meats, and piles of cheese. These two taco salads are no exception. They're very similar in ingredients. Both contain lettuce, cheddar, tomatoes, beef and beans, sour cream and tortilla strips. In addition, Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad also adds a tortilla shell and salsa, while Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad is topped with a packet of Ancho Chipotle Ranch dressing. With everything in these salads but the kitchen sink, which one contains fewer calories?

The Low-Cal Winner
    Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad

Even with the added dressing, Wendy's salad weighs in with fewer calories (700), fat (41 grams), and trans fats (1.5 grams). Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad packs 860 calories, 46 grams of fat (71% of your daily value), and 5 grams of trans fats. While everyone should avoid unhealthy trans fats at all costs, Wendy's has a lot less. You can make their Southwest Taco Salad healthier by ditching the dressing and tortilla strips. You'll still retain a lot of flavor, thanks to the seasoned chili and sour cream, but you'll save 220 calories and lots of fat, bringing your totals to a healthier 490 calories, 26 grams of fat, and 1 gram of trans fatty acids.
    False
  • RE: Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad VS. Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad
    If I've had a hard day at work and don't feel like cooking I'll sometimes stop at Wendy's for their Taco Salad. I really enjoy it.

Thanks for letting me know about lowering the calories.

Jan
    False
  • RE: Taco Bell's Fiesta Taco Salad VS. Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad

False