What to serve with BBQ meatballs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to serve with BBQ meatballs?

Last post Aug 06, 2007 5:36 PM by 3littlebirdsKYzn6 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • What to serve with BBQ meatballs?
    I am making them for dinner tonight, and I have no clue what to make to go with them. I normally just make them for a potluck or for a party where we're eating finger foods or whatever, but I thought they sounded good for some reason so I'm making them. LOL! So, what to make to go with them? Last time I made them for a meal, I made mashed taters and green beans or something, like I would have with meatloaf. Dh thought I should have made spaghetti. Haha, I tried to explain to him that they are BARBECUE meatballs, not spaghetti meatballs. So I ended up making him some pasta and he ate them with it - yuck. LOL.

Oh, and I just make the meatballs and cook them in the crockpot with a bottle of BBQ sauce and a can of pineapple chunks.
    False
  • RE: What to serve with BBQ meatballs?

How about oven roasted potatoes. I dice them, spread them in a 9x13 baking dish, drizzle with just a little evoo and stir until lightly coated, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and dry Italian dressing mix or dry taco seasoning mix or dry ranch dressing mix. Bake covered for about 45 minutes at 350 until tender. If you want them crunchy, uncover for the last few minutes.

We also love baked or pan fried sweet potatoes.

I like to eat cubed cheddar cheese and olives with meatballs. I guess I just like eating anything on a toothpick. LOL I do all appetizer dinners for us a lot of times. It's fun and it's different.

False
    My Dh likes rice and a salad with his BBQ'd foods. :)
    False
    :-)

My first thought was rice and salad. Dh likes rice but he usually won't eat salad. What is wrong with him? LOL. Last night I grilled steaks, made a loaf of homemade bread, and cooked fresh green beans and new potatoes. Wouldn't you know, he ate the steak and bread but didn't touch the veggies. Drives me nuts!

Maybe I'll just make rice and salad anyway. He can take it or leave it. Oh, and he won't eat olives either, although he does LOVE cheese!
    False
    Oh, and those oven roasted potatoes sound good, I make them with Italian dressing sometimes. Dh does like those, maybe I'll do that. Hadn't thought about that.
    False
    just a few suggestions......rice, mac and cheese, mashed pot., scalloped pot., red pot., peas, green beans, sliced tomatos, salad, cottage cheese, spinach, deviled eggs, jello salad......
    False

my blog! www.jillshomecooking.blogspot.com

Been a big fan of TOH since I was a young teenager!!! I was sooooo excited to be asked to become a Volunteer Field Editor in June 2013!!

In the summer I do BBQ meatballs with potato salad, beans and a green salad or coleslaw.

Anita
    False
    Why not just serve them in a sub roll with the sauce and have cole slaw and/or potatoe salad on the side?

Barb
    False
    Mmmm, potato salad is another good choice....
    False
    Will he eat couscous? Tabbouleh?
    THere's lots of grainy salads you can make (with cheese added, lol!)and load them up with veggies.
    False
    Rice & corn on the cob~
    False
    Thanks everyone! I was too hot to make potato salad or turn on the oven so I went to Kroger and got some deli potato salad (not as good as homemade) and I got a frozen thing of spinach artichoke dip that you microwave and serve warm. I figured we'd have that with some triscuits and tortilla chips. Not sure if dh will eat it or not, but he probably will since it's a dip, lol. I don't know if he's ever had couscous, I haven't bought it since I've known him, I don't think. I don't even know what tabbouleh is, LOL. Darn, I wanted some corn on the cob but forgot to get any. Oh well. Forgot laundry detergent too. Don't guess I'll be doing any laundry tomorrow unless I go back out.
    False