How far in advance can you make deviled eggs? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How far in advance can you make deviled eggs?

Last post Mar 09, 2004 2:04 PM by GrandmaCookN . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • How far in advance can you make deviled eggs?
    I need to make deviled eggs for a luncheon I'm having Fri. Thought I would make these tommorrow (Wed.) but am unsure. What do you think?

Thanks
    False
  • RE: How far in advance can you make deviled eggs?
    At the earliest I would do it a day before, but I don't know what the experts would suggest.

Lori
    False
    Lori Life's too short - have the whipped cream!
    same here. I would definetely make them on Thursday but maybe Wednesday they wouldn't be fresh enough tasting by Friday? Maybe they'd be fine too, I don't know for sure.
    False
    Mix up your egg yolk mixture a day ahead and refrigerate it separate from the whites. Stuff whites a few hours ahead of time. The egg whites collect moisture overnight in the fridge. I turn them upside down on papertowels before stuffing.

Deboraqh
    False
    I agree -- I would not make them that far ahead. We have had them left over from a picnic, and they were OK, but they certainly didn't taste the same as when they were fresh.

The idea of mixing your yolks a day ahead might solve the problem. But how many are you making? Unless it is more than a couple of dozen, would it really take too much time to do them the same day?

Cook the eggs a couple of days ahead if you want, but try not to go further than that too far ahead would be my advice.
    False
    Rockandroll when I have had a problem with time before, I have made the filling the day before and put it in a ziplock bag seperate from the whites.
    When ready to fill make sure the whites are nice and dry; then squeeze the bag a few times to make sure the ingredients are well blended then snip off a corner of the bag and squeeze the yolk mixture into the whites. Fast,easy and no mess.
    Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.