Where do i buy almond bark for the cake balls? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Where do i buy almond bark for the cake balls?

Last post Dec 19, 2013 1:44 AM by tawny77 . 28 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12
  • Where do i buy almond bark for the cake balls?
    Is it just chunks of white chocolate with pieces of almond nuts broken up in it...that I'd find in a chocolate store? Can i just use baking chocolate or melt chocolate chips?
    False
  • RE: Where do i buy almond bark for the cake balls?
    There are no almonds in them.

It's white chocolate or chocolate that comes in large bars.

Any grocery store will carry them in the baking section.
    False
    The candy coating to make almond bark is in the same area with the chocolate chips and baking nuts. There is a difference in consistency with chocolate chips and baking chocolate.
    False
    It can be found in 1.5 pound packages, or in blocks
    False
    So it is just another name for baking chocolate?
    False

Almond Bark (also known as vanilla flavored candy coating) is an artificial chocolate made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter and with coloring and flavors added. It can be found in 1.5 pound packages, in blocks, or in round discs where candy supplies are sold.

False
    oh, ok...I'll keep looking. I've checked 3 or 4 of my local food chain stores and so far, I haven't found anything like that...only baking chocolate.
    False

LOL Fev, don't give up. You'll find it somewhere! I buy it at WalMart in big blocks, next to the baking chocolate and bags of chocolate chips. I've also seen the candy coating disks at craft-type stores like Michael's.

My Dad had a big sweet tooth and used to love to melt almond bark and pour it over pecans and pretzels. Yummy!
    False
    Every grocery store in America that I've shopped at, from California to Minnesota, Tennessee to South Carolina, has had almond bark. :) Look on the bottom shelf under where they keep the chocolate chips and such.

I took a picture of the almond bark I have in my cupboard so you know what to look for;

http://tinyurl.com/24hvdj

False

Merritt, you are on the ball this morning!

I don't have a clue how to do that!

False
    LOL... I couldn't help it! She seemed confused as to what to look for - and I knew if she saw what the product looked like she could find it quicker. LOL.

I have seen a few people over the years question just WHAT almond bark was or what it looked like so maybe this will help a lot of people in the long run.

False
    Meritt,

Thanks for the picture! I will certainly try WalMart & Michaels. I went to 2 more grocery store chains today....NOTHING! I've even checked with store managers. I stopped other shoppers...they all thought what I though..."Almond Bark" being a confectionary in a chocolate shop...broken chocolate with nuts!They all carry the SAME thing...baking chocolate, chocolate chips or chocolate bars. That's it!!
    False
    I can't believe it....even our WalMart...NONE! Not even chocolate chips!! Michaels ismy last chance..or to"travel" miles to some other store.
    False
    Hi
    Can you answer a ? for me?

Does almond bark have any almonds in it? Or is it just the candy coating?

thanks!
    False

There are two kinds of almond bark. One is a vanilla flavored candy coating which is an artificial chocolate made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter and with coloring and flavors added.

Then there is almond bark, the candy, which is chocolate or white chocolate with whole almonds or pieces of almonds in it.

False