Corned beef in roaster oven | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Corned beef in roaster oven

Last post Mar 19, 2013 11:07 PM by justyouandme20002001 . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Corned beef in roaster oven
    Help.
    I'm use to cooking corned beef/veggies in a crock pot, but since we already use two crock pots. Decided to use a roaster oven. 3 corned beefs.
    How do I cook it??
    I found the recipe booklet that came with it and there isn't one in there.

Never have tried corned beef either on the stove or in the oven.
    Planning on it for supper tomorrow.
    thanks.
    Carol
    False
  • RE: Corned beef in roaster oven
    Hello I cook in mine same way as slow cooker heat roaster oven to 250 degrees.Place yor stuff in . Add more water than the slow cooker. Bake 5-7 hours.....Carol
    False
    I always cook mine in a roaster oven. Cover with water, cook slow. Good luck! Kathy
    False
    I usually do my corned beef in a regular oven roast pan with a rack. I buy the flay cut of meat, remove it from the package, rinse off all the bay leaves , peppercorns etc. and then dry on paper towels. Put it on the rack in the pan and add water not quite touching the bottom of the meat. Cover and bake for about 3hrs. I used to pour the cooking liquid in the pot I was cooking my cabbage and potatoes.

I now need corned beef

Karen in n.j.
    False
    Good grief, now I'm craving corned beef. I just put it in my Nesco and add quite a bit of water and cook at 250 for at least 4 hours or longer. Add potatoes and cabbage toward the end of cooking. I cook everything in the Nesco. Yesterday I made the best stuffed peppers in my 12 quart. Not a one left. I wanted to save one for a late evening snack but couldn't hide one. lol.
    False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey
    From the Nesco site.

Corned Beef and Cabbage

This is a popular family favorite for St. Patrick's Day celebrations.

2 to 2-1/2 pound corned beef brisket
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
    1/4 teaspoon rosemary
    1 bay leaf
    1 whole clove
    4 medium red potatoes, peeled, halved
    2 small onions, peeled
    2 small parsnips, peeled, quartered
    2 large carrots, peeled, quartered
    1 small cabbage, cored, cut into 4 wedges
    8 cups hot water

Preheat 4 or 6 quart Nesco® Roaster Oven to 325º F. Rub seasonings on brisket. Place meat in preheated cookwell. Add enough hot water to reach halfway up meat. Add bay leaf and clove. Cover. Cook 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 250º F. Add vegetables. Cover. Cook 3 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.

Serves 4.

Note: Use a larger roaster for bigger quantities of corned beef to serve more people.
    False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey
  • Re: RE: Corned beef in roaster oven

Boy did you help me out,,Ihave three large corn beefs to cook next thursday and I found your recipe and you help with the Nesco roaster, I had forgotten I had one, and it's the big one too. Your and angel,   THANK YOU SOOO MUCH..       Bonnie

False

I have 7 corned beefs to cook tomorrow - thinking it will take 2 or 3 big electric roasters, maybe 8-10 hours at 250?  Does that sound about right?

False

Do you have that many roasters? If not, also use the oven like I do. My turkey roaster seems to cook faster than my oven for some reason, don't know why as I know my oven is fine. The package directions for the corn beef says one hr. per lb. @300 degrees. I usually roast mine for 3 hrs regardless of the size at 350 but this year I did the one hr. per lb. thing and cooked an almost 4 lb. corn beef for 4 hrs. at 325. It was good and the thing I like about roasting versus crock pot is it is far less stringy....slices wonderfully. Wrap in tin foil first.

False