What can I use non dairy creamer for besides coffee? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I use non dairy creamer for besides coffee?

Last post Aug 29, 2007 3:22 PM by charleezangel_OH . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • What can I use non dairy creamer for besides coffee?
    My parents just came for a visit and now that they are gone, I am left with a container of non dairy creamer in my fridge. I don't use it for coffee... Anyone know what I can use it for?
    False
  • RE: What can I use non dairy creamer for besides coffee?
    Bj makes flavored scones with them. I don't have the recipe, though. Maye someone else from her post can put it on here.

Darlene
    False
    This was posted by Star.

Posted by: starshineeliz Posted on: 9/18/2005 7:07:18 PM
    #R6417690
    Ok, now we're cooking with gas:

Coffee Creamer Ice Cream

You won't believe how quick, easy, and delicious this ice cream is
    Posted by: gaudrey_GA
    Replies: 1 Posted on: 7/30/2005 11:10:27 AM
    #T549893
    No matter if you have a regular freezer that uses ice/salt or one of the newer ice free freezers, this ice cream is terrific. Basically you just freeze liquid coffee creamer. These are the general rules for the ice free freezers.

(If using the other type freezer, follow manufacturer's instructions.):

1. To toast nuts, if used, melt 1 tablespoon of butter or magarine over medium heat in a saucepan. Add 1 cup of chopped nuts and stir until lightly toasted, about 2 or 3 minutes. Don't leave them. They burn easily. Cool and then put in the freezer for about 20 to 30 minutes so are they very cold before adding to the mixture.

2. Taste the creamer you plan to use. If it is too sweet, dilute it with plain milk. Sometimes I use 1 cup of plain milk and 3 cups of creamer, up to 2 cups of each, depending on how sweet it is and what I'm adding. For example,
    toffee chips are sweet so the creamer needs to be diluted more.

3. Add nuts, fruits, etc. about 5 minutes before the freezing time ends. Also have any additions to the mixture very cold. I put them in the freezer when I start the liquids freezing so they get as cold as possible and won't warm up the frozen mixture.

4. Basic method: Turn on the freezer and immediately pour in the liquid mixture. About 5 minutes before the
    freezing time is over, add any other ingredients like nuts, fruits, candy chips, etc. making sure they are very cold.

5. Store ice cream in a very cold container with a tight lid for about 2 hours or more before serving. This helps the ice cream to firm up so it doesn't melt too fast as you are eating it.

cont'd
    False
    check out this thread.

Gail

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=521698&searchrep=5784571#search
    False
    Put the storage container in the freezer while the ice cream is freezing.

Suggested ice cream combinations: Also check the quantity your freezer will hold so it doesn't run over.

1. Butter Almond - 1 quart of Amaretto or Toasted Almond flavor coffee creamer and 1 cup of lightly toasted

chopped, sliced, or slivered almonds.

2. Mocha - 1 quart of Mocha coffee creamer, instant coffee powder to taste, and 1 cup of mini-chocolate chips. You

also may omit the coffee powder and chips and add 1 cup of crushed peppermints instead.

3. Black Forest - 1 quart of Chocolate Raspberry creamer and 1 cup chopped fresh raspberries.

4. Hazelnut - 1 quart of Hazelnut creamer and 1 cup of lightly toasted chopped hazelnuts. NOTE: Hazelnut creamer

also comes in a sugar free version.

5. Black Walnut - 1 quart of French Vanilla, Vanilla Caramel, or Vanilla Nut creamer and 1 cup lightly toasted

chopped black walnuts.

6. Irish Cream - 1 quart Irish Cream creamer and 1/2 cup lightly toasted chopped cashews, almonds, or macadamia

nuts and/or 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips. Or use just 1 cup of nuts OR 1 cup of the chips.

7. Butter Pecan - 1 quart of Cremé Brulee, Vanilla Caramel, Vanilla Nut, or French Vanilla creamer and 1 cup

lightly toasted chopped pecans.

8. Butter Brickle - 1 quart Toffee Nut creamer and 1 cup Butter Brickle chips. If you can't find the chips, crush some toffee candy bars.

9. Fruit Ice Cream - 1 quart of French Vanilla, and 1 cup finely chopped fresh fruit - strawberries, peaches, bananas, etc. May also turn it into Pina Colada by adding 1/2 cup well drained crushed pineapple and 1/2 cup thawed frozen fresh coconut. For Peppermint ice cream, add 1 cup of crushed peppermints
    False
    use in place of milk...I use it in my mashed potatoes.....french toast and biscuits....whatever...as I never have milk in the house...we don't use it...I buy fatfree Coffee Mate...
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

My Amaretto Scones

2 c flour
    1/3 c sugar
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    6 tbsp butter, chilled
    1/2c amaretto coffee creamer
    1 large egg
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla
    Preheat oven to 400º
    Sift dry ingredients into large bowl. Cut butter into 1/2" cubes. Pour flour mixture into food processor and add butter pieces. Mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
    Mix the creamer, egg and vanilla together.
    Add to dry ingredients and stir just until mixture comes together and forms a ball. With floured hands, pat the dough into an 8" circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. With a serrated knife, cut almost all the way through into 8 wedges. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm. Makes 8 scones.
    BJ
    I ate mine with real butter. Yummy. Now I plan to make it with the other flavored creamers I have frozen.

I now have 12 different flavors of coffee creamer and have made several different scones. Use your imagination. Remember you can freeze it.
    BJ
    False

Find more about Weather in New Bedford, MA

I like to use it in cake icing. VERY GOOD

RITA
    False
    How about sliced peaches and cream?

Peel, slice and sugar peaches. Put in the fridge. After about 2 hours, you get a syrup formed from the sugar. Then, take the peaches and syrup, place them in a bowl, pour the cream over them and eat.

The amount of sugar depends on how sweet the peaches are. The amount of cream depends on how much you like on your peaches.
    False
    Add it to hot cocoa when you make some.
    False
    The recipe that BJ posted for the scones is a keeper in my house.

False
    Ice cream...who would have thought? Thanks forthe recipe
    Elizabeth
    False
    And who would have thought to use it in in place of milk in mashed potates, etc. or in cake frosting!

Lots of good ideas!

Renee
    False
    Even though it says you cannot freeze it you can. My great Aunt buys it for us and if we do not use it all she just freezes it for next time. Just make sure you shake it up before serving. I have never noticed any difference from the fresh and the frozen.

Sue
    False
    I found some of the Christmas flavors (gingerbread, eggnog, something else) and got them for 50¢ each. I have them frozen and have used one....it is as fresh as ever.

I don't drink coffee but use them in my tea.

False