Good Morning from West Virginia.. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Good Morning from West Virginia..

Last post Sep 04, 2007 8:33 AM by cook50wv . 70 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 5 (71 items) 12345
  • Good Morning from West Virginia..
    Hi,
    Busy weekend 3 birthday parties, didn't cook at all. I thought I was on vacation. LOL. My husband is working afternoons this week...so cooking will be simple. I'm going to have baked pork cubes tonight. I almost think I like these better than the "baked steak". Also, will have fresh vegetables out of the garden. Really hate to see the garden go. It's been getting cool at night, right now it's 61*. Hope everyone has a good day.
    False
  • RE: Good Morning from West Virginia..
    Hi KJ .What part of WV are you from. I live close to Wheeling.Very close to beautiful Oglebay park.
    False
    Good Morning, KJ! I understand the "Cool already." It's been fall here for the last month. Brrrr, too early to be cool. I love pork, may I stop by for dinner? *grin*

Treble
    False
    Good morning. Good to see another WV'ian on the BB. I live just outside of the Bridgeport/Clarksburg area. Hope to see you around!!!

Judy
    False
    Sure stop over for dinner...I always have plenty...like those leftovers..
    False
    Been to that area alot. Have a very good friend that lives in Clarksburg. Sometimes we go there for a mini-vacation. Can't remember the name of the bakery, it's on the other side of the bridge (maybe west) but love their homemade bread...
    False
    I'm just down the road from you, goofygrandma...nice to talk to someone so close....KJ
    False
    Good morning! It's nice to see some fellow WV'ians on here. I live in
    Buffalo. Anybody on here from down our way?

Sheri
    False
    I am not exactly from WV but both my parents were, most of my remaining relatives are and we did live there for a few years when I was a child. Have very fond memories of my grandma's farm near Elizabeth. My other grandparents lived in Parkersburg. I still have lots of cousins there and a couple aunts and an uncle. I need to try to get back there soon. Very beautiful state!
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

Hi, I live in the northern panhandle..been near buffalo, but never stopped. It would be nice to get the WV's together...not much goes on in the state...lol.
    False
    I agree. It would be fun to get the WV's together.

Sheri
    False
    Got a question...been reading about all these different "swaps". What are they...how do they get started...etc.
    False
    Need to plan your return trip in the fall...that's when the state is at it's glory. I'm not to far from your grandparnets in Parkersburg...about 1 1/2 hrs.
    False
    kjrusty - Your grandparents live in Parkersburg? I live right across the toll bridge in Ohio!! Going to the mall in P'burg Thursday. If you're ever in P'burg visiting the grandparents give a shout and we can do lunch or something.

The swaps are a really fun part of our board. Someone comes up with a theme and starts a swap. Everyone signs up and whoever is running the swap assigns partners and everyone ships item related to the theme.

One of the most fun swaps is going on right now - the Cozy, Cuddly, Comfy, Creepy Fall Swap. The ladies who do this swap are called the bag ladies because they started out their swaps with your items have to fit into a brown sandwich type paper bag that you decorated. This fall swap you put your items in a container that starts with "C" and whoever sends the most creative one will win a prize too. BEWARE - these swaps are addicting and there is currently no Swappers Anonymous groups formed yet!!

Come on over to the swap sign up and join us.

Laurie

False
    Thanks Laurie for the invite...I'll let you know, next time I head that way.
    False