What to eat with quiche for dinner??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to eat with quiche for dinner???

Last post Oct 05, 2007 9:23 AM by ChatyKathy . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What to eat with quiche for dinner???
    We're meat and potato people but I found a bacon quiche on sale so I bought it & have no idea what to serve with it. No salads. Some kind of meat? Please help.

Thanks
    Kathy
    False
  • RE: What to eat with quiche for dinner???
    Hashed browned potatoes? Broccoli with hollandaise sauce?

Just a couple of suggestions.

Darlene
    False
    mashed potatoes and gravy and sausages!!

twinkle
    False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/
    we like salad or cut-up fruit and rolls or muffins...

as there is meat in the quiche and that for us would be enough....
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

A quiche is french. So just stick with the theme. A nice french wine, wine I would think. Some fresh bread sliced. A selection of cheeses or fresh fruit. A quiche is a meal in itself, so it doesn't need alot to accompany it.
    Melanie
    False
    sorry, meant to type white wine.
    False
    Salad, hot rolls.

light dessert, jello with fruit, fat free cool whip, angel food cake or sugar cookies.
    False
    I usually pair it with a spinach salad and fruit for dessert. Since you said no salad, how about a fruit salad, and a simple green veggie like asparagus with lemon and butter. Serve with hot bread or rolls, some wine, and voila - you have a great & well balanced meal. I agree that no additional meat is needed since it has bacon in the quiche.
    False
    When I serve quiche - I just serve a nice salad and a lovely glass of wine - or iced tea. It's always a "lite" supper - or lunch. Think about when you go out to eat and order quiche - usually the only side is a salad.

However, if you have some heavy eaters - a green and/or yellow vegetable or possibly some stirfried vegetables - with lots of "crunch"!

Tria
    False
    Tria
    Thanks so much for all the great suggestions. They really helped me since I had no clue. From all the suggestions I decided to serve some cheese cubes, soft bread sticks and fruit salad.
    Maybe I will do breakfast sausage with it but only 1 or 2 links per person just to keep everyone happy.
    I do have some hungry people in my household.

Thanks again
    Kathy
    False