Tassie or receipes using Mini-Muffin pans | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Tassie or receipes using Mini-Muffin pans

Last post Nov 22, 2011 2:05 PM by DAR lady . 37 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 123
  • Tassie or receipes using Mini-Muffin pans
    It's also time to start my Christmas baking, and am looking for recipes, for cookies, or treats that I can make in my new mini-muffin pans. I have one for pecan tassies (my favorite) and one using peanut butter cups. Does anyone have any more cookie recipes?

Thanks
    Linda
    False
  • RE: Tassie or receipes using Mini-Muffin pans
    This is the recipe that the local "tea room" uses (their specialty)...use with mini pans ONLY!

Pecan Muffins

1 stick butter
    2 eggs…….microwave butter & add eggs and vanilla

Pour over:
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    ½ c flour

Add 1 cup chopped pecan pieces

Spray mini muffin tins with Flour spray fill 2/3-3/4 full
    Make 22-24
    Bake 12-15 min 350 degrees
    False
    I have posted these before. They are really really good.

Caramel Tarts

Dough:
    2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
    2 cups flour

Filling:
    1 (14 oz.) package light colored caramels
    1/2 cup evaporated milk

Frosting:
    4 oz. cream cheese, softened
    2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions

For Dough:
    Blend ingredients together well. Divide dough into 48 pieces and roll into balls. Press dough into mini muffin pans to form a shell. Prick with fork and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove shells from pans when cool enough to handle and finish cooling on wire rack.

For Filling:
    Combine caramels and evaporated milk in top of double boiler and stir until melted. Pour warm mixture into cooled shells. Let cool completely before frosting.

**Note: If I'm going to freeze these, I freeze unfrosted, then add frosting later when ready to serve.
    False
    These sound like they would be wonderful!
    Marlene

Posted by: MytFly Replies: 6 Posted on: 3/18/2003 6:06:57 PM
    #T156016
    I am SOOO sorry about taking so long to post this. These are one of the best cookies I make, and they are different, I've never seen this recipe anywhere before.

For the dough: Mix 1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened, with 1/2 c. butter, melted, and 1 c. flour. Roll into 24 balls and place in ungreased gem pans; shape to make cups.

For the fudge filling:

1 c. chocolate chips, melted
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/3 c. sugar
    1 T. corn syrup
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 T. milk
    1 T. butter, melted
    1 egg

Mix together and spoon into crusts. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 250 and bake 10 minutes. Cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar over top of cookies after they have cooled
    False
    Found this doing a search.
    Marlene

Posted by: Maddymoo Replies: 0 Posted on: 12/22/2006 11:57:00 PM
    #T777136
    Cocoa Tassies with Peppermint Creme Filling (Adapted from BH&G)
    For the tassies
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
    1 large egg yolk, beaten
    2 tablespoons icy cold water

For the creme filling
    4 tablespoons butter, softened
    7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
    1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
    3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted and divided
    1-2 tablespoons milk, divided

To make the tassies
    In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter cubes into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.

In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and cold water.
    Gradually stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. To help the dough along, lightly knead the dough just until it starts to form a ball. Scoop dough onto a piece of saran wrap and cover - refrigerate for about 60 minutes so it will be easier to handle.

Preheat the oven to 375
    Evenly divide dough into 36 pieces - roll each into a ball. Press one dough ball into the bottom and up the sides of a miniature muffin cup. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
    Bake until the shells are firm, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and set on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the shells and let them cool completely.

To make the filling
    In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, marshmallow creme and peppermint extract until smooth. Mix in 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar. Beat in 1 tablespoon milk. Add in the next 1 cup confectioners' sugar and mix until combined. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the final cup of confectioners' sugar. If this mixture is too thick to easily pipe, mix in 1 teaspoon of milk at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
    Pipe filling into the shells and scatter crushed peppermint candies on each.
    Makes 36 filled tassie
    False
    try this thread...she has quite a few recipes on it. :)

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=424898&catnum=68&headnum=2
    False

I do baking from home and one of my most often requested recipes is CK's Chocolate Caramel Brownie Cups. I used Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix, made them in mini muffin tins (with the liners), and baked them for 10 mins. It makes 42 yummy bite size treats!

* Exported from MasterCook *

CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BROWNIE CUPS

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 12

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 pkg. Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix -- (1 lb. 6.5 oz.)
    24 chocolate covered caramel candy (Rolo's)

Mix brownie batter according to package directions.

Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.

Remove wrappers from Rolo candy. Press 2 Rolo's (side by side) down into batter until batter meets the top edge of the candy.

Bake 350 for 20-25 min. Let cool completely.

2.5 WW points each in the mini size

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

*I should note, you only use ONE rolo for the mini size :)

Jolene
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Here are some of the recipes I have collected and used. Some of them are from a poster known as chef2chef. Others are from magazines, etc.

CREAM CHEESE DOUGH
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
    1 cup all-purpose flour

Beat butter and cream cheese until well mixed. Stir in the flour. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in
    refrigerator for 1 hour, if desired. Shape the dough into 24 balls; place in ungreased 1-1/2-inch muffin
    pans. Press dough evenly against bottom and up sides of each muffin cup.

Note: dough recipe can easily be doubled.

SOUR CREAM DOUGH
    1 cup unsalted butter
    1 cup sour cream
    2 large egg yolks
    2 cups flour, sifted
    Mix dough ingredients as for pie crust. Roll into 2" in diameter rolls and slice into approximately 36 portions. Press into muffin cups. Makes 4 doz.

ORIGINAL PECAN TASSIES
    Cream Cheese dough for 2 dozen tassies
    1 beaten egg
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    Combine all filling ingredients; set aside. Make dough and fill pans. Fill each tassie cup with about 1 heaping teaspoon filling. Bake at 325-F degrees for about 30 minutes or till pastry is golden and filling is puffed. Cool slightly in the pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack. Yields 24

CONTINUED
    False
    CARAMEL DREAM TASSIES
    Cream Cheese dough for 4 dozen tassies
    14 oz. pkg. caramels
    3/4 cup evaporated milk, divided
    1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
    1/2 cup shortening
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    ground nuts
    Melt caramels with 1/2 c. milk in microwave or double boiler. Spoon into baked Tassie shells, about 2/3 full.

In a small bowl, blend butter and shortening, mixing well. Set aside for 20 minutes. In another bowl, blend sugar, remaining 1/4 c.
    milk, and vanilla. Set aside for 20 minutes.

Combine the two bowls into a large bowl. Using a mixer, whip on high until cream. Next, spoon this frosting on top of the caramel
    layer, and then sprinkle with ground nuts. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

Note: It is best to use miniature cupcake papers in pans.

CRANBERRY PECAN TASSIES
    Cream Cheese dough for 2 dozen cookies
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    Dash salt
    1/3 cup finely chopped cranberries
    3 tablespoons chopped pecans
    In a mixing bowl beat egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt just until smooth. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spoon filling into the
    pastry-lined muffin cups.

Bake tassies in a 325F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks. Remove from pans
    by running a knife around the edges. Store in airtight container. Makes 24 tassies.

LEMON CURD TASSIES
    Cream Cheese Dough for 2 dozen tassies
    1/2 tsp. lemon zest
    3 eggs, well beaten
    1 1/4 c. sugar
    1/3 c. lemon juice
    1/4 c. butter
    Fill 2 tassie pans with dough. Bake tart shells at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool in pans.

To Make Filling: In saucepan combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice and butter. Cook and stir over low heat till thick, about 15 minutes.

Remove from heat; stir in lemon peel. Chill. Spoon a rounded tsp. of filling into each shell. If desired, you can top with toasted
    slivered almonds. Chill.

False
    BROWNIE TASSIES
    Cream Cheese dough for 2 dozen tassies
    1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
    2 T. butter
    1/3 c. sugar
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp. vanilla
    whole filberts

Melt chips and butter in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla. Place a whole filbert in center of
    each pastry-lined cup. Top with 1 round tsp. of chocolate mixture. Bake as directed. Makes about 2 dozen.

CHOCOLATE PECAN TASSIES
    Filling: for 24 Tassies
    1 tablespoon butter or margarine
    1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg, beaten
    Dash salt
    3/4 cup chopped pecans

Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Blend in sugar, vanilla, egg and salt; beat until thick. Stir in
    pecans. Spoon about 1 teaspoon filling into each unbaked pastry shell. Bake at 350° F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned
    and filling is set.

Cool in pans on wire racks. Remove from pans; store in airtight containers.

PUMPKIN TASSIES
    1 recipe cream cheese pastry
    1 egg
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup milk
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Beat all ingredients together. Fill unbaked Tassie crusts; bake at 350F for 25 minutes.

False
    DATE NUT TARTS
    Sour cream dough for 4 dozen tassies
    2 c. nuts, ground
    1/8 lb. dates, ground
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/4 c. milk
    Make filling by combining ingredients and cooking until well blended, a few minutes. Let cool before filling tart shells. Fill and bake at
    350ºF. for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.

SOUR CREAM ALMOND TARTS
    Sour Cream Dough for 4 dozen tassies
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 1/2 c. almonds, finely ground
    2 lg. egg whites, stiffly beaten
    Cream butter and mix with sour cream and egg yolks. Beat well. Blend in flour and roll into small balls. Place in refrigerator until
    cold. Press into tiny muffin pans about 1" in diameter, fill, and bake until light golden brown at 350º .

To prepare filling, fold sugar and ground nuts into stiffly beaten egg white.

Fill pastry cups; bake until light golden brown at 350º. Makes 4 dozen tassies.

TEA TIME TASSIES

7 Tbsp. Butter, room temp
    3 oz. Cream Cheese, room temp
    1 cup A/P Flour
    Mix the above well. Make small balls the size of marbles and chill. Press into well-greased mini-muffin tins to form tart shells.

3/4 cup brown sugar
    3/4 cup finely chopped pecan pieces
    1 egg
    Dash salt
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    1 Tbsp. butter, melted

Mix above ingredients and fill crusts 3/4 full. Bake at 350ººF for 20-30 minutes. Makes about 2½ dozen

False
    And these are probably the best pecan tassies I've ever made. They are from Martha Stewart. Note that the dough is made with mascarpone cheese. It really makes the difference in the taste of these tassies. In my area (NE Ohio) I have found that mascarpone varies. Some stores carry it for $4.98 a carton and down the street the same brand is $2.78. It pays to shop around!

PECAN TASSIES
    Martha Stewart
    ½ cup pecans
    ½ cup mascarpone cheese (4 ounces)
    ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
    ¾ cup all purpose flour
    Pinch of salt

Filling:

1 large egg
    ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
    2 T. maple syrup
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1 T. unsalted butter, softened
    ¼ tsp. salt
    ¾ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped

Oven 350

Prcoess pecans in a food processor until finely ground (you should have 1/3 cup ground pecans). Put mascarpone and butter into a bowl and mix on medium high speed until well blended. With wooden spoon, add flour, pecans, salt; mix just until dough comes together.

Roll dough into sixteen 1 inch balls and press into bottoms and up sides of mini muffin tins.

Make filling. Whisk egg, sugar, syrup, vanilla, butter and salt in small bowl. Stir in pecans. Spoon about 1 ½ tsps. filling into each muffin cup.

Bake tassies until crust begins to turn golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely in tins on wire rack. Unmold. Pecan tassies can be stored in single layers in airtight containers up to 3 days.

False
    Thanks for this thread. You've given me lots of ideas for Thanksgiving dessert. I may may several and give guests choices.
    False
    Sweetpea, thanks for your help. Any hints or suggestions?

Also, the cranberry ones look interesting, do you use fresh or dried cranberries?

Thanks

Linda
    False