QDoba Burrito Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

QDoba Burrito Recipe

Last post Oct 14, 2007 7:02 AM by GreenChili . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • QDoba Burrito Recipe
    OK I've been on the lookout for a recipe for a Qdoba Burrito recipe and wasa never able to come across one that had the marinade for the chicken. Well I just had to make my own......Here it is

4 Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
    pounded thin
    1 4oz can Chipotle peppers in Adobo
    1/2 package fajita seasoning
    splash of vinegar
    1/2 C water
    1/4 to 1/2 C Olive Oil

Combine peppers, fajita seasoning, vinegar and water into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. While running drizzle in oil. This will emulsify the marinade. Pour over chicken and let sit at least 1 hour or overnight.
    When ready.... Fire up the grill to a low or med low heat. Slowly cook chicken until done. Discard remaining marinade. Be sure to let the chicken sit about 10-15 minutes before you cut it.

I also made the rice

2 C long grain rice...Rinsed until
    water is clear
    Juice of 1 lime
    About 1 1/2 t lime zest
    1/4 C chopped cilantro
    4 C water

Combine Rice, juice, zest and water. Bring to boil then a low simmer for 20 min or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork then add cilantro.

This was really close to the orginal. We made Naked Chicken Queso Burritos. We put in each rice, black beans, the chicken that was diced after grilling, salsa, queso, sourcream and cheese.

My husband was impressed for a first try.

Just thought I would share

PanaMom

False
  • RE: QDoba Burrito Recipe
    thanks for the marinade, there are several copycats for chipolote's beef and pork, but I hadn't seen the chicken (which is DDs favorite) I also add a bay leaf to the rice when it is cooking.
    False
    bump
    False
    Bump just so everyone can try it...... It's soooooo good!!

PanaMom
    False
    Wow both recipes sound super!! Can't wait to try them out. Thanks for sharing them with us. =)

Lori
    False