ISO-cheese powder like Kraft MAC n Cheese... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO-cheese powder like Kraft MAC n Cheese...

Last post Oct 30, 2007 8:31 PM by grmapat . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • RE: ISO-cheese powder like Kraft MAC n Cheese...
    They sell it in the grocery store, next to the parmesan cheese, it is a blue can and I think it says american cheese, it is kind of expensive though but I buy it cause the kids like it on popcorn but have used it on pasta with milk and butter.
    False
    They have it at our local Baker's (Kroger's chain.) They have both: a can that is by the 'green can of Parmesan cheese'...only this one is gold and is labeled 'Grated American Cheese Food' and another one, that is navy blue and looks just like a package of Kraft Mac & Cheese. Both of these are made by Kraft. You might check with your local market and see if they will order. I'll see if I can find a picture. Trish
    False
    I think that those are actually straight cheese powder. The Kraft packages come with a MIX that is the base of a sauce, not just the powdered cheese.

I may be wrong...

LOL
    False
    there are also some 4 cheese sauce pkgs, I think made by Knorr. they are in an envelope
    False

Kallee Try This Place !

http://www.bulkfoods.com/cooking.asp?referer=yachechepwd
    False
    Here in Iowa the local restuarant and commercial kitchen supply house (Martin Bros.) carries a powdered cheese sauce that comes in very large plastic bags. We purchased a bag a few years ago and split it with our children. It tastes like the Kraft cheese sauce.
    False
    I'd call Kraft. They may sell you the packets or who knows, maybe they'll send the boy a case of mac-n-cheese
    False
    Kallee... I have seen a packet of Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix in powdered form. It is put out by a brand name called Southeastern Mills. Pkg. makes 2 cups. All you add to it is boiling water... directions on pkg. this is in a white paper packet somewhat like a flour bag.. they also make brown gravy..chicken gravy..peppered white gravy those are very good.I have not tried the cheese.Here is phone number on packet 1-800-334-4468 they are located in Rome Ga. Hope this will help you out. bdett
    False
    bump for Kallee....
    False
    I agree with wickedstepmother, call Kraft. You never know what they might do and all they can do is say it isn't available.

Pat
    False