How long do I cook my ham? 10lbs. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long do I cook my ham? 10lbs.

Last post Mar 13, 2004 10:15 PM by roseyrose . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • How long do I cook my ham? 10lbs.
    I'm making a ham tomorrow night and thought someone on here might know. Thankyou.
    False
  • RE: How long do I cook my ham? 10lbs.
    Is it pre-cooked? If so, I think they say about 10-15 min per pound at 325 degrees. If it is not pre-cooked, it is longer, but I'm not sure how much longer. Good luck- ham is my favorite! :)
    False
    Cooking a Cooked Ham Advertisement

How Does Ochef
    Make Money?

Q. How long do I cook a precooked ham? It is 15 lbs.
    A. A precooked ham does not have to be cooked, but will taste better if you heat it thoroughly to an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C). Place the ham in a 325°F oven (163°C). It will take 12 to 15 minutes per pound for a whole or boneless ham and 18 to 20 minutes per pound for a half ham.

You should also let it rest for 20 minutes or so out of the oven before you serve it

False
    For a 10 LB ham you will cook it for 2 to 2 1/2 hours at 325º

~Cubbybear~
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    Ham is usually labeled either "partially cooked" or "fully cooked." You should follow the packer's instructions on the label. Partially cooked hams, which are also labeled "cook before eating," need to bake until the internal temperature is 155 to 160 degrees. Fully cooked hams, also called "ready to eat," can be eaten as is but will taste even better if baked with glaze. The spiral cut hams are cured, fully cooked hams that are pre-sliced to hold together and are easy to serve. For boneless hams, bake at 325 degrees; for 6- to 8-pound hams, about 20 minutes per pound. For a bone-in ham, cook at 325 degrees; for up to 14 to 16 pounds, about 12 minutes per pound. For canned ham, bake at 325 degrees; cook a 3-pound ham about 21 minutes per pound.

False
    Thankyou all for you help. Red its our own pig so which we had butchered and so there is not a label on it.
    False