RECIPE: Texas Gold Bar Dessert | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

RECIPE: Texas Gold Bar Dessert

Last post May 28, 2013 3:09 PM by MarineMom_texas . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • RECIPE: Texas Gold Bar Dessert
    This is so utterly rich and delicious! It's not very pretty to look at, but once someone tastes it, the word spreads and that's it - it's gone.

Texas Gold Bar

1 pkg yellow cake mix
    1 egg
    1 stick margarine, softened (1 Cup)

1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
    2 eggs
    1 box powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350º. Combine the first three ingredients and press into the bottom of an 8 1/2 x 11" ungreased pan, and up the sides about an inch.

Mix together cream cheese, eggs, and powdered sugar and pour over crust. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool completely to set, and cut into about 1" squares (it's very rich...)

I used Neufchatel cheese (the 1/3 less fat cream cheese) and it still came out terrific.
    False
  • RE: RECIPE: Texas Gold Bar Dessert
    this sounds so delicious. Thanks for sharing. Huggs Linda
    False
  • Re: RECIPE: Texas Gold Bar Dessert
    Can I get a specific amount for the powdered sugar? I live in a small town and all I've ever seen are bags, so I have no idea how much to put in! These sound amazing and I want to make them ASAP, I seriously cannot wait!
    False

There are about 4 cups to a 1lb box.

False
    One more question! When I made it, I only used one stick of butter. However, I noticed later that although the recipe says one stick, in parenthesis it says "one cup," but one stick of butter is half a cup. I just want to make sure I make this correctly! I hope I'm not a bother!
    False

When I googled this dessert, several different websites came up and they all used one stick (1/2 cup) butter. I think there is a mistake in the above recipe and the butter amount should be one stick or 1/2 cup.

False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Field Editor for Taste of Home for 16-1/2 years.