What to do with refrigerated biscuits? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with refrigerated biscuits?

Last post Sep 23, 2007 6:02 PM by klm525 . 49 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1234
  • What to do with refrigerated biscuits?
    The grocery store had Pillsbury biscuits on sale this week for a great price ($1.50 for a 4 roll pack). I bought a 4-pack, but now have no idea what to do with them! Believe it or not, I've never used biscuits for anything!! I kinda like the idea of a chicken & gravy over them, but have no clue how to prepare this, or even what I'd call it to look up in a cookbook. Any suggesitons? Thanks!
    False
  • RE: What to do with refrigerated biscuits?
    Here is a recipe from a TOH magazine, June/July 2001 issue.

Biscuit Bites
    10 each refrigerated biscuits
    2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon onion powder, optional
    1 teaspoon garlic powder, optional

1.Preheat oven to 400F.

2.Cut each biscuit into fourths; place on a greased baking sheet.

3.Combine cheese and onion powder or garlic powder; sprinkle over biscuits.

4.Bake at 400F for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.

5.Serve warm.
    False
    This makes something like "monkey bread". I put this together from various recipes.

Easy Cinnamon Rolls
    1 can refrigerated biscuits, 10 per can
    1 package butterscotch pudding mix, 3.5 oz box, regular not instant
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine, sliced thin

1.Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Place biscuits in pan.

2.Mix together pudding mix, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of biscuits. Place dabs of butter on top.

3.Cook for 10 minutes.
    False
    One idea is to deep fry them. Just cut a small hole in the center of each biscuit and then drop each biscuit into a pot of oil that has been heated up and fry them. You end up with donuts! You can then mix up some powdered sugar and water for a glaze.
    I have also made Beenie Weenies with biscuits. You cut a hot dog into small pieces and put one piece into the center of a biscuit. Then you put a small slice of Velveeta cheese on top of that, then you fold over the biscuit and press to seal and bake as directed for biscuits. Tastes pretty good.
    I realize you may want something else entirely, but I thought I would post these ideas.
    False
    You can also flatten them out and put them in muffin pans. Fill with a meat mixture like sloppy joes. Bake until the biscuit dough is brown.

You can roll them out and cut them into strips for dumplings in Southern Chicken and Dumplings. My Granny did this for years before we "caught" her at it, we thought she was still making dough from scratch!
    False
    Bake as directed on the package, when they come out of the oven split and lightly butter each half. top with home made sausage gravy, My DH loves this for breakfast or once in a while dinner.Judy
    False

IN GOD WE TRUST

I like to roll in melted butter and a mixture of cinnamon/sugar - place on baking sheet and make a thumb print in each biscuit. Fill with jam. Bake as directed. YUM!!!
    False
    Breakfast sandwiches
    cook them up
    add a sausage patty
    or bacon
    egg
    cheese
    and you won't have to stop at
    the restaurant
    older kids love them!
    False
     Photobucket
    Do a search on Monkey Bread and you will find that it's been posted. That's one of my favorite ways to use these biscuits. Also, they work for pizza crust.
    False
    The Pillsbury site has 136 recipes for using refrigerated buscuits.

www.pillsbury.com

type the word buscuit in the recipe search box.
    False
    Thanks so much for all your QUICK responses! I never knew you could use biscuits for so many things! Maybe I should have bought more! LOL!
    False
    I made this one night and it is really good

Hungry Boy Casserole

RE: How do you make Hungry Boy Casserole??? Posted by: ShirleyJ Posted on: 8/21/2002 1:33:04 PM #R549877 creid –
    Here is my recipe for Hungry Boy.
    I have made this recipe for years, but it is not quite like others I have seen for Hungry Boy -- so I probably adapted to our likes.

1 lb. ground beef
    1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
    1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
    1/2 cup catsup
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1 can biscuits
    Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Brown ground beef and onion, drain.
    Stir in pork & beans, barbecue sauce, catsup, brown sugar; heat until bubbly.
    Pour into 2 quart casserole dish.
    Cut biscuits in half and place cut side down around edge of casserole or over it.
    Bake until biscuits are done - approximately 25 minutes.
    Sprinkle with cheese.

Note: Sometimes I put the shredded cheese on the meat mixture before topping with biscuits. Also grease the sides of the casserole dish or the biscuits will stick to the dish.

False
    One more idea for your collection. I posted a great recipe called "EASY Coffeecake" using biscuits. Use the search (on the left side) & type in "Coffeecakes". Many will come up. Mine (under Weeddigger) is on the first page.
    It calls for the Grand Philsbury bicuits but don't see why you simply couldn't use more of the smaller ones.
    Hope you will give them a try.
    Tam
    False
    Brown ground beef and add your favorite BBQ sauce. Flatten out the biscuits and put them in greased muffin cups. Stretch them up the sides of the cups the best you can. Put some of the beef mixture in each cup ontop of the biscuit, then top with shredded cheese (we use cheddar). Bake at 350 until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
    It's difficult to get the biscuits to stay stretched out in the muffin tins, but once you put in the ground beef and then bake them they puff up around the beef forming little cups.
    False
    Beef and Biscuit Casserole

1 to 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
    1/2 cups chopped onions
    1/4 cup diced green peppers
    1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    1 can refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
    1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided use
    1/2 cup dairy sour cream
    1 egg, slightly beaten

Brown ground beef, onion, and pepper; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic salt. Simmer while preparing dough. Separate biscuit dough into 20 halves (see note below). Press 10 halves over bottom of ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan.
    Combine 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and egg; mix well. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream mixture. Spoon over dough. Arrange remaining biscuit halves on top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.

My notes: I usually put ground beef mixture in pan and top with biscuits. I cut the biscuits in half and place cut edge on casserole. Also usually sprinkle remaining cheese on top of beef before adding biscuits.

False