Moonshine Jelly | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Moonshine Jelly

Last post Mar 30, 2004 8:02 AM by gavingrma_OH . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Moonshine Jelly
    Does anyone have a recipe for Moonshine Jelly?
    False
  • RE: Moonshine Jelly
    Sorry I dont have a recipe for it but if somebody does, I'll be the guinea pig and try it!!! I'll try to see if I can search it out for ya! Take care!
    J
    False
    I looked and looked, but all I could find are places that sell Moonshine jelly. No recipes. Sorry.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    I found this but have no idea if this is what you are looking for because I have never heard of it before.

Moonshine
    A light and refreshing jelly.

Ingredients
    Method

Serves 4

Sugar - 150g (5 oz)
    Lemons - 2, zest and juice
    Water - 600 ml (1 pint)
    Gelatine - 15g (½ oz)

Put the sugar and lemon zest into a saucepan with the water. Bring it to a simmer, turn down the heat and let the zest infuse for 15 minutes without boiling. Let it cool, strain through a fine-meshed sieve, strain in the lemon juice.
    Put the gelatine in a cup with 3 tablespoons of hot water and put it in a shallow pan of hot water over a low heat. Stir until the gelatine dissolves, then stir in the cold lemon syrup. Let it cool, again and when just beginning to set, whisk the mixture until it looks like snow. Turn it into a wet mould and chill thoroughly. It can be turned out and served with whipped cream.

Sue

False