Pioneer Cookbook | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Pioneer Cookbook

Last post Mar 31, 2004 1:40 PM by mapanda . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Pioneer Cookbook
    My gran used to use a cookbook called the Pioneer Cookbook or it may have been called Pirates Pantry or something along those lines. I remember that she had several volumes but I am not sure of the exact name. I would love to have some of these cookbooks if anyone has any information.
    False
  • RE: Pioneer Cookbook
    I just did a Google search for both of these. Several entries came up for each of them. At first glance it looked like at least some of the "Pirates Pantry" were Luisiana or Cajun cookbooks. It looked to me like there were several "Pioneer cokkbooks" and that they were by State or region. You might want to try a Google search for yourself. That way you could check out the links and see if any of them look familiar to you :)
    False
    Connie Visit my blog at: Boondock Babble
    Hi Glad you could join us!! Would it be possible that it was Pots, Pans, and pioneers from the Louisiana Telephone Pioneers of America?? What made me think of that was Pirates Pantry is the Junior League from Lafayette!

Hope this helps!! Zora
    False

On the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast!

Yes, I think it might be that as I am from Louisiana, are you still able to buy these?
    False
    Yes, I think it might be that as I am from Louisiana, are you still able to buy these?
    False
    A lot of your BooKs a Million have them or some of the local book stores.
    Zora
    False

On the beautiful Alabama Gulf Coast!

Check this place out. Scroll down til you get to the "Louisiana chapter" then click on that link. There are four volumes. They sure seem to be popular cookbooks!

BellSouthPioneers

Hope this helps! At least you'll be able to see pics to see if they are the ones you remember :)
    False
    Connie Visit my blog at: Boondock Babble
    Go to www.half.com and enter Pioneer Cookbook in the search field. There are a few different ones. I buy all my books from half.com I am waiting for a few amish cookbooks to get here.
    False
    I am a bellsouth pioneer and these are great cookbooks. Be sure and check out the Bellsouth pioneers web site.
    False
    A warm welcome to the BB, stinemd21. I'm Margaret from NE. Okla. I hope you find the cookbooks you are searching for. If you do purchase them, it would be nice for you to share some of the recipes with the board. I hope you will stay and enjoy the friendship of all the group.

False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.