<B> How to ship Pizzelles | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How to ship Pizzelles

Last post Apr 05, 2004 8:15 PM by winkyPA . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • How to ship Pizzelles
    Can you give me any way to ship these so they won't arrive all broken.
    False
  • RE: How to ship Pizzelles
    bump
    False
    I have never made or shipped pazelles, but I do make Krum Kake (crumb cakes), which is the Norwegian version of pazelles, baked in an iron, but not as thick as pizelles, and while they are soft, they are rolled around a dowel the size of a wooden spoon handle. Anyway, the first two times I shipped some to my daughter, 2500 miles away, they arrived in crumbs. Now the last two times I sent them, I carefully wrapped each one in a paper towel, then put them carefully but snugly in a small box. I put that box inside of a little bigger box lined with newspaper, and they got there with no breakage.
    False
    I've heard of baked goods being sent in popcorn before. I send cookies to family at Christmastime and I used bubble wrap-lined the tin with it, put it in between layers, and put some on top. If you want to give it a test run, I'd be glad to help-you can ship them my way ;-)

~Tina :-)
    False
    ~Tina :-)
    I'd suggest doing them like Tina's way, with popcorn, only first, wrap each one separately with the new Glad Press'n Seal or, if you are lucky enough to have a bag sealing machine, seal each one individually. Then, maybe layer with cardboard between each sealed cookie, then popcorn. Just make certain the box is totally filled to the top with popcorn and/or bubblewrap so that nothing moves.

Brenda
    False