HAVE YOU HEARD THE OLD SAYING, "IF IT RAINS ON EASTER IT WILL RAIN 7 SUNDAYS STRIGHT? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HAVE YOU HEARD THE OLD SAYING, "IF IT RAINS ON EASTER IT WILL RAIN 7 SUNDAYS STRIGHT?

Last post Apr 12, 2004 11:11 AM by glad_E_ola . 31 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 123
  • HAVE YOU HEARD THE OLD SAYING, "IF IT RAINS ON EASTER IT WILL RAIN 7 SUNDAYS STRIGHT?
    I have been told for many years (I'm 61) that if it rains on Easter it will rain for seven Sundays straight.
    And it actually is pretty accurate. Has anyone ever heard that. I'm not sure where it came from but was just curious if others have heard this.
    Hugs from Sw Penna. A very special Easter Blessing to you and your families. Easter and Christmas are the two most wonderful holidays. The birth of our savior and His resurection. We serve a Living God.
    PTL!
    False
  • RE: HAVE YOU HEARD THE OLD SAYING,
    I have heard many things about the weather but not that one. I'll have to do my own empirical test of it.

Where are you from in SW Pa? I am in Pittsburgh currently but I grew up in Westmoreland county.
    False
    I am about 30 miles south of Pittsburgh in Claysville. If you are familiar with little Washington I am about 20 minutes from there. God Bless!
    False
    I don't know Little Washington or Claysville.

My youngest daughter is in college at Washington & Jefferson in Washington, PA. Are you near there?
    False
    Yes, some people refer Washington, Pa as little Washington. I used to work in Washington, I shop there, see my doctor there, etc. How does she like W & J? I hope we have been friendly to her.
    False
    I have never heard that. Very interesting! ~cydnee
    False
    I've heard that saying for years and around here it pretty much is true.
    False
    Praise the Lord Indeed!

Easter is my favorite holiday!
    False
    My grandmother always told us that, and it always held true, and my dad just brought the topic up yesterday when we were talking as rain is predicted here for Easter.

Grayhound, my aunt and uncle lived in Little Washington on Chestnut St. This was way back in the 50's and 60's. The train tracks were in their backyard, we loved to sit out there and watch the trains. Thanks for the memory, haven't heard it called Little Washington in years!
    False
    Never heard of this before, but will watch for it!
    False
    Yes, I've heard that for years and it usually is true. Might not rain a lot, but will rain sometime on Sunday.
    So many of those old sayings are true and this is one of them.
    False
    no, I've never heard that one. maybe because here in California we never, ever get that much rain. Cali
    False
    I heard a different version that if it rains on a Sunday, it will rain 7 Sundays in a row - and that usually holds true, too. (BTW I live in Pittsburgh).

Brenda
    False
    A few years ago, I was living in the high desert of California and we got snow on Easter...how does that affect the old saying? LOL
    False
    It's funny that you would mention snow. Around us we always say that winter isn't over until we have our Easter storm. LOL!
    False